Indiana

Getting Married in Northern IN But Living Out of State

I have lived in Muncie Indiana since i was born. I chose to move closer to my bf at the time, little did i know he planned on proposing the week i moved. So i am now planning a Dec. 2011 wedding 12 hours away from the camp in Milford that we want to get married at. I am completely lost as to what all i need to find in the are and how to do it from where i am living now. Any advice on how to plan a wedding in a difrrent state or recommendations on vendors in the area that you would recomnnend would be helpful.

Re: Getting Married in Northern IN But Living Out of State

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about the area and the vendors, but I'm planning a wedding in Laporte, i grew up in Valparaiso/Chesterton and am planning from Connecticut.  I use the internet a lot, friends reviews and Family FAMILY FAMILY! i could not plan without them.  Having them go and check out the reception halls and doing the food tastings and cake tastings helped SO SO much.  Good luck.
    Photobucket
  • ndirish07ndirish07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Indiana, but live in Ohio currently--lived in New England during the majority of the planning though, and FI is still living in Boston.  We are now 6 months out exactly, and despite the distance I haven't found planning to be too difficult.

My advice would be to put in a decent amount of time doing LOTS of research on everything--all the different vendors you will need near the wedding.  We did tons of research, then on 2 different trips (so far), met with all the vendors we were interested in, made our choices, and now communicate via email a lot!  We don't have any family or friends where our wedding is, so the internet truly has been our most valuable tool in all the planning from a distance.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    You might be able to hire a wedding planner in the area that can help you. Or once you decide on one vendor [or in talks with them] you can see who they have worked with in the past.
  • JrschroederJrschroeder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Florida and we're getting married in Indiana, where I'm originally from. We found our vendors through lots and lots of internet searches and then checking it out whenever we go up to visit (which isn't often!). We actually checked out our venue before we even got engaged lol. But the internet is a life saver for finding vendors.

Also, my friends and family have given fantastic advice of who to use (and not to...). So talk with friends and family. People who have used the vendors will be your best bet.

Weddirewire.com also gives great listings of vendors and such. I think a little bit better than here...

Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards