Indiana

Country (Fall) Wedding...Need Venue

Hey everyone!  My FI and I are looking at getting married in October 2012.  He works for John Deere and we want to have a fall/harvest theme wedding. Does anyone know any good venues?  We like the idea of a barn or farm...but we dont want to get to crazy with the price.  We live near Lafayette...so the closer to home the better.  Smile

Re: Country (Fall) Wedding...Need Venue

• edited December 2011
    I too am having a farm wedding....Oct 15, 2011. I had a lot of trouble finding some good venues so I started this collection of Indiana farms. Hope it helps!!

• edited December 2011

Exploration Acres will let you have your wedding there.  We almost did.  It's like $500 for the whole barn.  Since it's in the fall when they're open, you probably won't have to rent restrooms, but also since it's in the fall, you might have to be flexible with them (or they may not even let you rent the barn in the fall...I'm not sure, our wedding's in May, when they're not open.)

Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at County Line Orchard in Hobart, IN.

It's about an hour and a half north of Lafayette. They have an old Amish built barn on site. It's gorgeous.

If you're looking for something closer to you, you might want to try to put an ad on Craigslist or in the newspaper saying you're looking to rent a barn in the area. Sometimes people give up their private property for others to rent.

Hope that helps.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there!

I'm a hair and makeup artist in Indy and I went on location to a place near Kokomo called the Kelly Round Barn. It was beautiful and had a very relaxed, but elegant feel and was also in the fall. It was definitely country and you would love it! They also have a home on the property where you can stay the night or have your bridal party over for getting ready.
    If you are looking for a bridal hair and makeup artist please let me know!

Thanks!
    Ashley
    a.fuson@gmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at Exploration Acres in June of 2012. They are just getting into weddings, so they are willing to do weddings in their off time. Fortunately, if you do it doing their off-time, you can get the whole place to yourself, which is nice. They have an awesome timber frame barn that they have refurbished, plus some woods out back where we are going to do the ceremony. Tim, one of the owners, is a nice guy to deal with in our experience. However, since you are looking to do a fall wedding, which is their busy time, I'm not sure if they can accomodate you. But you can try. I recommend them if you're looking for a barn venue in the Lafayette area.
  • azchkyazchky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Martha's Orchard (on the westiside of Indianapolis) - it's a barn setting, we're doing our ceremony out in the apple orchard.  They can even do bonfires and hayrides for your event!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards