Indiana

HELP! Ceremony location in S Indiana

Hey ladies!

I am getting married September 10th, 2011, and our officiant has kind of turned us on our heads, which leaves me scrambling for an officiant and church in the Louisville/Southern Indiana area.  We are having our reception at Kyes in Jeffersonville.  They offer a ceremony package, but to get married there at the least will be 1200 bucks.  I would lovve to get married in a church with a center aisle and that would be pretty for pictures...but I am stumped.  Non-member prices are upwards of 1500 bucks in most churches!  Help!

We might have another officiant, so we aren't really wanting to have it anywhere where they will require additional counseling and to have their pastor be part of the wedding.  Anyone have any ideas??

Re: HELP! Ceremony location in S Indiana

• edited December 2011
    If you still want a church wedding I would see if any of your family or friends can rent a church for you. When we were picking out venues we were offered churches for cheap ffrom several family members since they went there.

However, if you cannot find one you like/afford then possibly look for other local venues that are pretty and you enjoy - the local park or a hall. And be creative where you look, for example we are getting married in a gardening store because it is so beautiful.

Good Luck!
    Photobucket
  • britt2488britt2488 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests are you inviting? That plays a big part in your ceremony location. There are many small churches that have very reasonable rental fees. 
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OP, try posting this on the Kentucky-Louisville board. I think our girls will have a lot more suggestions for you.

If you're looking for an officiant still, let me know. I have a suggestion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards