Indiana

Rehearsal Dinner Help!

So, I found out the other day that my fiances family is expecting us to invite all out-of-town family to the rehearsal dinner.  Which is a lot of people because his parents are divorced and his one parent is remarried.  They have given us a check which is the total amount that we have to spend on the rehearsal dinner and told us to plan it.  This would be nice except the guest list for the dinner is now up to 74 people!  I have no idea where to possibly hold the dinner.  Does anyone have any suggestions of a reasonably priced restaurant that can hold about 70-75 people?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Help!

• vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you having your wedding?
  • anastasiazanastasiaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • brandi0507brandi0507 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • rlytton87rlytton87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What area? Big budget? Small? More details...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • trkrunner1996trkrunner1996 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I've been sick and dealing with a broken laptop......The wedding is in Fishers, IN at Trinity Wesleyan.  We have a budget of $3000, however we would like to not spend all of it on the rehearsal if possible.
  • INArchitectINArchitect member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you mind going to downtown Indianapolis? The Old Spaghett Factory comes to mind - they have a side room with stained glass windows. Neat decor, inexpensive food. If your wedding is during the warm weather months, consider renting a shelter at a park - Forest Park in Noblesville has huge shelters - add some Christmas lights or Chinese lanterns and have a picnic or barbecue. I think D's (actually Richard's nickname, but the Knot has censored the real name!) Bodacious BBQ will cater.
  • edited December 2011
    Check with a few places. In town there are lots of places with a side room. I am trying to think of places on the Northside. Don Hall's clocktower or something like that. In Castelton might be a great idea just call them and see with they say. Should be within your budget and very nice. 
  • edited December 2011
    You said you have a budget of $3,000 but you don't want to spend it all on the dinner - is that the check they wrote you for dinner, or is that their entire contribution to the wedding? (Sorry, just need clarification!)

$3,000 with 74 people is roughly $40/person for dinner. So maybe something to think about is finding a restaurant where the average price per plate is $20. The Cheesecake factory could be a great place - you could do dinner and a cheesecake dessert for less than $40/person. I also liked the Old Spaghetti Factory suggestion. It may also be nice to have it at you and your FI's favorite restaurant, even if it is a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant or something - the sentimentality of choosing your favorite place can be really sweet, and if your out of town guests are gracious, they will just be happy they were included!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards