Indiana

Has Anyone Used Jolie Images?

(cross posting in Illinois board)

http://jolieimages.com/index.php

I was wondering if anyone has used them for their photography. I really like them, but people are telling me to be "wary" because of the low price.

Also, my mother is freaking out on me because they don't give me (the bride) a set of photos included in the package. I thought that was normal? Don't you normally buy them sepparate or am I mistaken?

The wedding photos is very important to me, so I want to make sure I do it right.
My Bio!
(it's still a work in progress)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has Anyone Used Jolie Images?

• vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't used them, but I also chose a photographer that nobody had heard of with really low prices, too.

Just make sure you meet them in person, and also ask for references from recent brides.  If you can talk to recent brides then you can ask about their professionalism, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean about giving you a set of photos?  My photographer gives a CD of all of the photos of the day, but doesn't do any printing (to cut down on costs).  That way you only pay for the pictures you actually want printed.  GL!
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely ask for references....like 3 or 4 and call all of them.  And also make sure that you get a DVD or CD with the print rights to all images.  IMO, that's the most important thing and if a photog isn't willing to give that, then you need to look elsewhere.  Otherwise, you'll be paying $5 at least for a 4x6 when you can print yourself at Sam's Club for 12 cents each. 
  • edited December 2011

Everyone has to start somewhere.  You should ask about their equipment, how many weddings they've done, and read the contract very closely.

My fiance is a wedding photographer and has low prices because he's trying to build up his business.  My brother's photographer at his wedding (5 years ago) was only $500... now he books for $5000.  So, you may be getting a great deal just before they explode with popularity.  Most photographers make money on the picture and album sales.  If they'll provide you with a CD of images, that would be even better.  My FH does that and it makes it way easier later on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards