Indiana

where did you buy your wedding dress?

hey girls,
i am about ready to start shopping for a gown, but i dont really know what are some good places to go. i am not really loving any of the gowns at davids bridal, is there a good alternative in a similar price range? i live in indianapolis, but id be willing to travel within the state for it. 
is there anyone who has experience with nancys bridal? 
also, if you dont mind, how much was your gown?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: where did you buy your wedding dress?

• indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have "the" place to go. It is called Special Occasions and Consignment and it is in Greenwood on US 31 past the Greenwood mall and in a strip mall just before Main St. I got my dress there (around $500) and they have dresses that start at 99 and on up. Lots of choices and sizes too. I also got the flower girl dresses there (we had twin flower girls) and my Mom even got her dress there. Mary the owner is great to work with and she is not out to see just how much money she can get from you. I also got my shoes there and my head piece since the traditioanl veil wasn't doing anything for me. The store also has tux rentals too. They are closed on Sunday's and Wednesday's.
    http://specialoccasionsgreenwood.com/

• edited December 2011
    that sounds great. my inlaws to be live no too far from there, so itll be easy peasy to stop by there. and the budget option is exactly what i need.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Sophia's Bridal in Greenwood.  The prices were great and everyone who works there has been quite helpful and accommodating.

I've heard really good things about Posie Patch, too.
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine at Sophias Bridal on 31 and Southport. They are unique! I'd try looking there.
  • Rideout44Rideout44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually found my dress at a twice chosen place. I'm from Evansville, but I would suggest a consignment shop. My dress had never been worn, and nothing is wrong with it, I just have to him it a little. But it was half the price then a gown I wanted at Davids Bridal. I know you're probably thinking that going to a consingment shop is crazy but if your on a budget, you may get lucky and find something you love at half the price of a bridal shop!
  • edited December 2011
    CC Elaine in Indainapolis.  HIGHLY recommend her if you don't want the same dress as everyone else.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for all the advice, this is great Cool
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hakeefer1hakeefer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's been said already, but Sophias in Greenwood, they were amazing compared to everywhere else we tried.

• Monolayth3Monolayth3 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Miss pams bridal in rochester

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Ask me stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards