Indiana

Chapel of the Resurrection @ Valpo University

Has anyone looked into getting married here? We requested some info but haven't heard back yet.

I was wondering what their requirements and cost were. Also I was just wonder if they only allowed weddings on certain days and at certain times.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Chapel of the Resurrection @ Valpo University

• kkolstedtkkolstedt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the chapel in May 2011! My fiance and I are both VU grads. The cost is $500 for chapel rental if you are a current student, grad, or child of a faculty member and $1000 for all others. There's also a $200 damage deposit. Sri Frazee is the contact person which I'm sure you saw from VU's website (she's new....fyi........). They have 2 wedding time spots on Saturdays only: either at 1pm (you have the chapel from 12 - 3pm) or at 5 pm (you have the chapel from 4-7pm). They have a whole packet of rules which I'm sure Sri will send you. They are pretty strict about decorations and no flowers on the altar, etc...but I'm not planning on doing much anyways cause the church is gorgeous on its own. I hope this helped :)   Question for you... have you found a photographer yet? I can't find one I really like for a reasonable price in the area.
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We actually just heard back from her yesterday. We are looking to get married on a Friday so it won't work for us.

We haven't found a photographer yet. If you go to nwiweddingessentials.com you can view the wedding essentials magazine online which has local vendors....there are probably some photogs in there.

I know of Monica Z Photograph and Lady and the Lens (I think she might be a little bit pricier).

Have you tried looking in Chicago?

• edited December 2011
    Hi
    Sorry don't know anything about the University.
    I see you are considering some photographers in the Valpo area.  My son was planning a 2010 wedding and now it is 2011.  I collected several cards for photographers.  Here are a few you might call:  Carrie Augustine  Artistic Creations 219-728-9982. Cat Hoffman Photography, Amelse Photography 219-629-9662 and Jesse Joselyn 219-988-5541.   You can google each for their web sites.  Hope you can find a good one for your wedding.  Good Luck.
    Let the Lord Lead... and follow Him.
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking at a Friday night wedding, have you looked at Trinity Lutheran downtown?  That's my FI and I are getting married and it's the same kind of church...

HTH!
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well we actually booked our reception in Valpo so I'm trying to decide on a place that wouldn't be too far of a drive.

We could possibly use my grandpa's previous church but it's in Hobart, so I don't know if it will be too far away. Google says about 25 mins, but who knows if it would take longer due to Friday evening traffic.

My grandpa's current church is in Valpo but I don't know if I want to get married there.

Plus we'd really like FI's step brother to marry us.

• edited December 2011

Have you looked at Immanuel Lutheran Church?  I know it's only about 5 min from VU.  I grew up going there, and even thought I don't live in Valpo anymore, I did check to see what the charge for the church was, and it was only $25.  That could be a discount though because I'm still a member. :)  I have known them to do Friday weddings in the past, and also my best friend had her wedding there and her Dad married them.  They aren't Lutheran either, so that didn't matter.  Just a thought if you haven't found anything yet!  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards