Indiana

Too far away...?

I am exploring different venues and I've found one that I'd like to check out further, but it's 4 hours away. We are on a tight budget, so we wouldn't be able to put our families and friends in hotels, and with gas prices like they are, I don't want to be rude by planning a wedding so far away. Any thoughts?

Re: Too far away...?

• danielle0704danielle0704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    are your family & friends expecting you to cover their hotel costs??
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Would you have the ceremony and reception in the same area? If so, that's ok. But if you have your reception 4 hours from the ceremony, that is not ok. You are not required to cover any traveling, hotel or food expenses (other than reception) for your guests. It's perfectly fine to have a wedding outside of your current town, people who want to go will, and people who don't want to drive or spend the money won't go.
  • acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maratea said it best! You don't have to cover everyone's costs outside of the reception. Keep the reception and ceremony in the same area and you're fine. People travel for weddings often-- if they want to put in the money to travel, they'll be there.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

The ceremony and reception would be in the same place. You all are right, if they want to be there, they'll be there! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards