Indiana

Northwest Indiana Caterers

Does anyone know of any AFFORDABLE caterers in the Northwest, IN area...or in Illinois that will deliver in Northwest,IN??? I'll take whatever you guys have to offer.

Re: Northwest Indiana Caterers

• amylynn121amylynn121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Doug Komos. Its buffet style, and i'm not positive if they drop it off or not...you might have to check that. last i checked it ran about $8 a person though. 
    If that doesn't work then you can check with the caterer at busy bee import foods in merrillville. I'm not sure what the catering company is called, but I know they make really good stuff. I work next door to there so i know the people who run it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure where you want to be.  Here are a few suggestions:   Master's  Catering
    La Porte 219-363-0910  Ruge's  in Valpo  219-926-1108  Birkey's in Kouts 219-766-3851.  Unique Catering by Carol Simmons.  Older women, does great job.  219-866-3606.   Very reasonable.  3 Entree's and 6 sides for $ 13.00 per plate.  Good Luck!
    Let the Lord Lead... and follow Him.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the responses...I actually have had a change in plans. My father out of the blue yesterday offered to give me $5K towards the wedding so I am able to enhance my previous plans. I am actually thinking of going with a full catering service but perhaps still going buffet style. Any suggestions now??
  • AwesomeNiksAwesomeNiks member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking for the same.

I am from NWI. I heard of A Plus Catering in Griffith, and right now, they're offering a booking incentive of free wait staff, linens, china, and grauity. It's only $13.50 per person (or you can get a smaller amount of food for $10.50 a person)

It includes family style or buffet style.

It sounds like an amazing deal, but I can't find any online reviews. I was wondering if anyone has heard of them?

They're offering a free tasting too. I'm just hesistant, because since I haven't found any reviews, I don't want them to go out of business by my wedding next summer, because I will be out of the $500 down payment....

But if by chance you're interested, you can contact Jen at 219-769-3663.

The incentive ends in a few days. You have to book soon, but you can choose any date in the future you want.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info, but I'm with you...that sounds very skeptical. That deal sounds too good to be true and I have a long time period between now and my wedding. I would hate to be out of deposit money too.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure when your wedding is, or if you've already secured a caterer, but you could also check out Creative Catering & Event Planning.  Easy to work with and quite affordable.  CreativeCateringEvents.com
  • Popolano's in Chesterton offers several venue options for various sizes of events.  They also offer full-service, off-site catering and can provide you with as much or as little as you need.  Their food is delicious, the staff professional and the venues that they service are top notch!  Contact them at (219)926-5552.  You won't be disappointed!  Let them know that Peg sent you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards