Indiana

Anyone in NWI planning a wedding or reception?!

I live in Northwest Indiana (about 30 minutes from downtown Chicago) and I am planning a reception for next summer. Im looking for others who might have tips and ideas for affordable caterers, venues and everything else wedding related. Thanks!

Re: Anyone in NWI planning a wedding or reception?!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_anyone-in-nwi-planning-a-wedding-or-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:97Discussion:c50e5677-2981-4659-916c-2a28b176e32aPost:8592866c-882c-449b-8f1f-e75279149e06">Anyone in NWI planning a wedding or reception?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live in Northwest Indiana (about 30 minutes from downtown Chicago) and I am planning a reception for next summer. Im looking for others who might have tips and ideas for affordable caterers, venues and everything else wedding related. Thanks!
    Posted by FutureMrsFasano[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what the feel is for your wedding - more upscale or not but we're doing Stracks - best prices around and the quality of food is so good for that price.
  • We actually got a caterer out of Fort Wayne to come to Porter. Shigs and Pits. Brisket, pulled pork, pasta salad and green beans, all the plastic wear, 6 servers for 150 people plus coffee, lemonade and pop plus travel for $11.50 a person.  Couldn't touch that around here and the foor was great...
  • Hi,

We are getting married at trinity hall (part of st. pat's parish). The venue fee is pretty awesome for the amount of space you get and the features (ie, the men get ready in a room with a big screen tv, ping pong, pool, and foosball)...and that room is then available for kids during the reception. They do have an exclusive contract with popolano's catering though. But popolano's is one of our favorite restaurants, so we did not have a problem with that. 
  • We do know of an All-In-One Rustic Farm Venue located 1/2 way between Chicago and Indy.  Contact me a juleeann@mac.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards