Indiana
Options

Fort Wayne Brides

Who all is from/getting married in Fort Wayne? I'm just curious how many fw brides actually use TK! =)
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Fort Wayne Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Fort Wayne but planning it all from the Des Moines, Iowa area.  Our wedding is on November 5, 2011.
    My Flower Girl (my niece) and I at my Shower:
    IMG_0141
  • Options
    Monolayth3Monolayth3 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Was married may 5th in fort wayne!

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Ask me stuff.
  • Options
    danielle0704danielle0704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am on august 6th!
    planning it from chicago.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am from Fort Wayne and getting married June 16, 2012 :)
    June 2012 Boardimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hay Danielle! Your wedding is coming up soon!! I'm just a few weeks behind you! =)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get married in Fort Wayne, but we've lived there for several years now.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @lindenheart - yes, i can't believe how soon the wedding is coming!! i'm excited, anxious, & a whole other bunch of emotions, all at once!
    hahaha.
    you have a september date??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @danielle - August 27, I'm still far enough out that I'm pretty task-oriented yet and am able to keep all the emotions at bay (at the moment I'm working on trying to push the boys into the tux rental shop to get measurements this weekend) I'm sure in another couple weeks the emotion will be bubbling and bursting everywhere =) So excited for you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @lindenheart - thank you so much!!! just this weekend, i was able to get back to being a bit more task-oriented. the emotions have had me looking a deer in headlights...seriously, wide eyes, thousand-yard stare. lol. i have to remind myself to take all of this in & enjoy it. we're never going to plan another "party" like this again, you know? ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Danielle - haha! I know that stare! You kind of go from really pushing through plans to what-the-hell-am-I-supposed-to-do-next and then back to check!-check!-check!  So glad you were able to get yourself back to the tasks. It's nicehaving breaks though. I've really started depending on yoga to keep me from spiraling out of control! haha!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @lindenheart - i'm SO glad you brought up yoga! do you practice at a studio in ft. wayne? do you know of any bikram yoga classes in the area??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've used Kachmann Mind Body Institute and Lotus for yoga. I love both! I don't know if either offers Bikram but they do have Vinyasa. I've been doing Vinyasa lately to really release pent up energy and stress. The room isn't heated but you work up a sweat, still burn calories and feel amazing afterwards.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @lindenheart - thanks, i'll have to check out some classes!!
  • Options
    brittany2604brittany2604 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I 'm getting married in Fort Wayne October 1, 2011! :) Any suggestions as to wear or wear not to take my dress to get it altered? I bought it at Wendy's Bridal, but don't want to spend a ton to get it altered. I really think I'm going to just need to get it shortened and bustled. Would love any input... Thanks girls!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @Brittany - Totally You Alterations on Broadway is doing my dress and 2 of my bridesmaids. They are phenomenal!!! Beyond how awesome their work is, I thought they were very reasonable. For my dress, they added a 3-pt bustle, took in the sides, hemmed the bottom, and sewed in a bra for $145. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Totally You Alterations! I'm getting married Saturday and they have been amazing taking care of every aspect of my dress and veil. I loved my dress but it did not have enough embellishment. They embroidered and stitched beads onto my dress (the train) for next to nothing I thought! The service has been awesome and they are very reasonable. Great hours too if you work a full time job.
  • Options
    Monolayth3Monolayth3 member
    edited December 2011
    Let us know if you need any other advice!

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Ask me stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats diehld!! I love your dress!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    brittany2604brittany2604 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I made my appointment at totally you alterations! Can't wait to  put my dress on again!! Laughing
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just had my final fitting at Totally You, the gown is perfect, my sis's MOH dress is perfect, they even altered my bird cage veil so that it fell perfectly on my face. I love those ladies!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards