Indiana
Options

The Allure in LaPorte or other sugguestions

Does anyone have any information on this place?  I really like it based off the website pics (I am planning my wedding from Nebraska but will be getting married in Indiana as I'm orginally from Portage).  So I am doing alot of online research before narrowing down places to actually visit during my limited time I will be able to actually be back in Indiana during the early planning stages. 

We are thinking March 2011 for our wedding.  We are not being picky on which Saturday but will base it off the availablity of the place we choose.

We are looking to stay under 8K total for everything except my dress(my mom will be buying that) but my family is HUGE so our guestlist parred down already to include only Parents, Grandparents, Siblings, Aunts/Uncles and thier families is at 100 people so with the additon of our 20ish non family members we will be inviting we are pushing 125 people.

Is the Allure feasible with this budget and number of guests?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The Allure in LaPorte or other sugguestions

• Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had considered using this place, but thought that LaPorte was a little far away ( we actually live in Portage lol).

I had tried using Google maps to find out where it was, and it looked like an old abandoned building in a neighborhood. Granted Google may be wrong, but I wasn't too crazy about the location that I saw online.

I don't know anyone who has used it so I really don't have much to offer, sorry! I thought they used to have prices listed, but maybe they've since changed things. I would either call or email and see if they could send you a price list. My guess would be probably for dinner, bar and a few apps. it would be around $40-45+ pp. The good thing is that your deposit goes towards the total bill.

We're using Aberdeen Manor for our reception. Have you looked into any other venues in the area?

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Heston Hills in LaPorte and I highly recommend it.  The food is wonderful, people still talk about it!  Pics in married bio.

The Allure is fairly new so I don't know anyone who has gotten married there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know someone who got married at the Allure, it was gorgeous. Not sure how much it costs. It will definitely hold 125, i think max is 200.

There's heston hills, pine grove, beacon hills banquet hall all in LaPorte if that's where you want it. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to look at the Allure the first weekend of September.  So far I haven't really found any other places that I like as much from the websites. 

Pricing is actually reasonable.  Dinner ranges from $22-36$ per person, drink packages $6-$22 per person, and they have a kids price of $12 for the under 12 crowd.  And sheet cake can be added for $3 per person.  The only bad thing is that for a Saturday wedding they have a 175 person minimum which from looking at other venues with minimums for Saturdays is kinda high.

If we decide to go with this venue we will be doing a Friday wedding with a family style meal, 4-hour premium bar package (which gets the venue fee of $1350 wavied).  We were planning on doing the beer/wine package to save money but upgrading to the premium bar will be around $650 at our MAX guestcount so much cheaper route than paying the venue fee. And we will do the sheet cake option and just have a small decorated two tier cake for us to display and cut which is much cheaper than doing a big elaborte cake.  So over we will be spending $40 per person for food/cake/drinks which puts us under our budget for the receptionLaughing.

Also, included in the priceis tables and chairs, white or ivory floor length table cloths, colored napkins, standard centerpieces, and set-up/tear down of event.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards