Indiana

Bloomington Ceremony Ideas!

Hi everyone! My fiance Dan and I live in Boston, but we are planning our wedding in Bloomington. As you can probably guess, we both went to IU, and my entire family lives in the area, so it is a great fit for us!

We are trying to book the IMU for the reception, but we are not sure where to have the actual ceremony. The IMU only offers outdoor locations, and we do not want it to be outdoors. Because most guests will be flying in, we are trying to keep everything within walking distance - or at least very short shuttle distance - of the IMU.

Any ideas??? We were thinking potentially the IU Art Museum, but it remains to be seen whether that will work! We will have between 100-150 guests.

Thanks so much for your help! As I am sure many of you can empathize with, it is difficult to plan an out of town wedding!

Re: Bloomington Ceremony Ideas!

• edited December 2011
    What about the little chapel next to the IMU?
  • ngreenleengreenlee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on your budget, but you could have the ceremony at the IU Auditorium.

It looks amazing.
  • kjshrackkjshrack member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have 150 people com in (we think) so Beck chapel will be a little small. We went to Bloomington this weekend and checked out the IU art museum, but alas it was also too small. And I think the auditorium is out of our budget, but you're right, it is gorgeous! Thanks for you help!
  • krholmes18krholmes18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in the Tree Suite Garden this summer, but the Tudor Room, where our reception is, will be the "rain day" site. I have seen many pictures and this will be a great back-up for us -- but hopefully we won't need to use it! It accommodates up to 180ish.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards