Indiana

Places to Sell A Wedding Dress in Fort Wayne

Hello! Does anyone know of a place in Fort Wayne to sell a dress? I purchased two because I could not decide and would like to sell the one I am not wearing. I have tried Ebay, The Knot, and Craigslist with no luck. Please offer advice. I would like to try to get some of my money back! Thank you!

Re: Places to Sell A Wedding Dress in Fort Wayne

• marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I *think* Some Wear on Main (on Main Street) buys used dresses, but you'd probably want to call them to be sure. I think their website is disabled right now, but you can Google to get their phone number.
  • edited December 2011
    I just tried calling them and it said they have closed :-(
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried selling it here? An Indy bride posted items for sale on the Indiana board a few weeks ago and we found a way to meet so I could buy several items from her. It's worth a shot. Also you can post on the Weddings Classified board

Also Craigslist, recycledbride.com, preownedweddingdresses.com, or oncewed.com. I don't think there are any stores specifically for this in Fort Wayne
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • marateamaratea member
    edited December 2011
    If you find that you aren't able to sell it, there are a few places you can donate it (and probably write it off on your taxes, get a receipt). The Boys & Girls Club of Fort Wayne does a drive every year where they let girls pick out a prom dress, when they otherwise might not be able to get one for financial reasons and they accept donations of formal dresses. You could also donate it to Brides Against Breast Cancer, http://bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/.
  • hbatchel2hbatchel2 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_places-sell-wedding-dress-fort-wayne?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:97Discussion:f4c4c98e-8c3e-4b56-9b48-10874a486114Post:9aad18a4-ed68-4825-9920-16f9600f3d43">Re: Places to Sell A Wedding Dress in Fort Wayne</a>:
    [QUOTE]I *think* Some Wear on Main (on Main Street) buys used dresses, but you'd probably want to call them to be sure. I think their website is disabled right now, but you can Google to get their phone number.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

They were havnig a closing sale when I was dress shopping in December, so I'm pretty sure they aren't there anymore.

Nothing else comes to mind that would buy a used wedding dress. If craigslist/ebay/etc isn't working, I would donate it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in Indy but I would imagine most places would be on consignment so you wouldn't get the money until it sold. There is a consignment shop in Greenwood and it is where I found my dress (though it was not a consignment one). It is called Special Occasions and Consignment and it is on US 31 just past the Greenwood mall and before Main St.

• edited December 2011
    like another post- i would try oncewed.com. I was looking for my dress on there. I think its a great tool!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards