Plus-Sized

Bridal Shower - is it ok to help?

Ok so Bridal shower question...
I am having a small wedding party just the MOH & BM (wedding of about 60 guests)
My MOH is my BFF & SIL and I have known her since I was 18 & for 18 years lol
My brother (also the BM) is out of work and i don't what all the weight of my wedding on her shoulders.. she wont take any $ from me but is ok with me helping with the shower.. my work BFF says this is a no no I should just pass over the guest list and be surprised... any thoughts? i know tradition is one thing but reality is another <3 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!

Re: Bridal Shower - is it ok to help?

• Although your MOH says she does not mind you helping...... I'm sure she would like to try to surprise you, at least with some things.  I would allow her to take charge of this one.  It's ok to mention... "if there is anything I can do,  I would love to help".  I'm sure she wont take on more that she can handle. :)

• She is great - I had told her i don't even want one and wont listen to that idea at all...
    She is defiantly in charge but asks me if i want to pick the day & if i want to know the theme so I can dress to match - I also see most of her ideas on pintests so i sort of know it will be a girly garden tea party style :) 
    I more want to help her out since i dont want her to do the set up and all on her own
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It is so sweet of you to be concerned and not all bridezilla!  If you know they are struggling financially, why don't you make the hostess gift a gift card to the grocery store or gas station? One year for Christmas, when my bro was out of work, I called the utility company and they let me pay half of his bill.  He said that was the best Christmas gift that year.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Well what about your mom or other family. Tradition does allow for co-party throwers when it comes to your bridal shower. While you traditionally may not be allowed to be involved, other people could help out.
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
  • Thanks - i did try to pay for her dress but she caught me and would not let it happen - i am lucky to have them so close and be so supportive :) 

and well  my mom is a funny about showers - she does not like celebrating something that did not happen yet- so she wont be there - she does not do baby showers either just a gift after...
    and his mom is in assisted living and fixed income so i dont see her helping not even sure if she can attend....
    My work BFF is offering to help her a lot but she is the one that wants me to stay out of the planing :)
    I know it will be perfect no mater what i just dont want to be a burden on my loved ones <3 thanks ladies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards