Plus-Sized
Options

Plus size dresses in Central, IL

So I have benn in 10 weddings as a BM.  I know the trouble in trying to try on dresses as a size 18-20 girl.  Has anyone had any luck at any of the stores in Central, IL?  I live in the Champaign area, work in the Bloomington area.  I am not opposed to going to the suburbs to look but would prefer something more local.  Looking for Aline, Empire waist, some form of sleeve, just not strapless.  Looking for any info, good, bad, ugly. 

Wendy

Re: Plus size dresses in Central, IL

• Options
    If you are willing to travel, there is a bridal store that is all plus size in Rochester, IN, called Miss Pamela's.  I didn't go there but see the signs when I'm travling through the area. 
  • Options
    try your local board for suggestions
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    For those in the Central to North Central, IL area, I got my dress at Bridal Elegance in Ottawa, IL!!!! I had an amazing experience there yesterday.  They by far have the best selection of dresses that I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!  I was expecting maybe 3-4 dresses at the most, I think I tried on at least 10.  Narrowed it down to 2 and then made my decision!  The staff was great, not at all pushy but with nice suggestions. Can't believe I found it on the first day of trying. So glad I had a good experience.
  • Options
    Most of my bridesmaids are about your size and they were able to find dresses at David's Bridal. We were at the one in Champaign, in fact.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    11chicago1111chicago11 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I went to Miss Pamela's in Rochester IN. It was the best experience.  Tons of dresses to try on sizes 20 plus. Great treatment and they can help you find the dress of your dreams like they did me. 100% worth the drive.   I tried on over 20 dresses and I think they have up to 150. I am a street size 22 and all fit except one, and that one was just tight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards