Plus-Sized

Your favorite brand of..

I'm trying to find a soft, non-itchy pair of stockings, pantyhoses or thigh highs to wear the day of the wedding.  Obviously I am plus sized and honestly I hate hate hate wearing these things normally so I'm really not even sure where to start looking.  Thanks for your help ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Your favorite brand of..

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_your-favorite-brand-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:3aeff970-60b4-4ee3-98f9-a56dfe631702Post:4b7c4ece-5ab2-4b63-8e24-0369f0f4a2f6">Your favorite brand of..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to find a soft, non-itchy pair of stockings, pantyhoses or thigh highs to wear the day of the wedding.  Obviously I am plus sized and honestly I hate hate hate wearing these things normally so I'm really not even sure where to start looking.  Thanks for your help ladies!
    Posted by LuckyGirl1713[/QUOTE]

I like spanx for when I have to wear hose or tummy control undergarments. But, if I can offer a suggestion, don't wear anything but panties under your dress if you don't absolutely have to.  It gets HOT under your dress.  If you are looking for the sexy factor, clean up after your wedding (you might need a quick rinse off shower) and then put on the sexy thigh highs for your wedding night. 
  • I also vote for wearing nothing if you can.  I was sweating like crazy in my dress in July and it was comparatively very light and didn't have a whole bunch of layers or anything; and I wore nothign but undies beneath.  I imagine in late April you'd probably be just the right temp without extra layers.

If for whatever reason the style of your dress you feel like you really need something covering your legs of course go with what makes you comfortable.  I've never really had an issue with tights/stockings feeling itchy so I guess I'm not much help on brand recommendations.  I usually just buy whatever jumps out at me at Walmart or Target b/c I hardly ever wear them and usually have to make a last minute stop, haha.
  • I wear spanx under all my dressy dresses, wedding day will be the same.  I hate full fledged hose so I go with thigh highs.  Just my size, makes some nice ones. I usually get the
    "silky" ones that have a lace edge to them. I also buy them a size bigger than it says so that they can go a tad higher (i'm tall) and they are not so tight.  Good luck!
  • I also hate hose for the most part, but I love sexy lingerie. Most places do not make hose or even thigh highs to fit me right. I am made very curvy and I have very very large thighs. However my legs get smaller and smaller as they go down. So even if I get the largest size in most brands of hose, its cutting off the circulation at the top or wont go on at all or rolling down, and at the bottom they are looseand make be look like a granny. The only brands that I have found this to not be true for are Torrid and Hips & Curves. Both I am able to by my true clothing size in and they fit me like they are suppose to everywhere.
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards