Plus-Sized

Nervous about Engagement Photos

Hi! My name is Tiffany and this is the first time for me to post on this board. I am so happy that theknot has a plus-size board. It's nice to know we can still be beutiful brides if we aren't a size 6. Anyway, I had lost some weight and then put it back on due to health reasons (the reason I am overweight in the first place). So I am really nervous about our upcoming engagement photos. We are getting married May 26th, 2013 so I figured the Save the Dates should go out before the holidays. I kept telling myself I would have lost weight by now but I haven't.

ANYWAY....anyone have any good tips for looking slimmer in pictures? We are doing black and white for the Save the Date if that helps. What to wear, where to pose, how to pose...etc?

Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Nervous about Engagement Photos

• I was really nervous about my photos, too. Then when I had mine, I realized something. A good photographer knows how to pose you to make you look like a better version of yourself. I was stunned by how good we ended up looking in our engagement photos. As far as your outfit, find something that will coordinate with each other, but not be too matchy matchy. Choose something that makes you feel beautiful and comfortable and it will shine through in your pictures.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks for the advice. My sister actually does photography so at least I will have someone that I am comfortable with doing our photos. She is outspoken so I'm sure she will be blunt if something doesn't look good. lol 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ooOO black and white. A black dress with like a white shrug would look really pretty. I would do some kind of color blocking or something with a bunch of texture. Black is always slimming right? And no doubt you sister will make you look super goregeous from there. 

Dont forget that weight is only a number. Let these pics show your personality and how happy you are with your FI. That will alsways outshine something like weight.
    Photobucket
    Roses are #FF0000 Violets are #0000FF All my base Are belong to you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited October 2012
    Hey!  Fellow Alpha Gam here!

Don't worry, sister squirrel.  A good photographer will make you look great!  I was nervous about our photos, too.  After having a "realtalk" moment with our photog, I felt much better.  She worked with us to  make sure I felt comfortable and that we were represented in our best lights.

Outfit wise, wear color coordinating, but not matching clothes.  If you choose to stay neutral, be sure to add some pops of color in for interest.  I struggled for weeks and many wardrobe changes before settling on my 3 outfits-- and I was thrilled with the results!

Good luck.  If you want to see some of my photos, PM me and I will share.  Let us know how it turns out!

• So nice to meet another Alpha Gam! I would love to see photos!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards