Plus-Sized

Undergarments

Hi Everyone! I know there has been some talk around here about undergarments\corsets\spanx and what to wear under your gown. My dress is:

http://www.morilee.com/bridal/2203

and i would like to get a corset and also wear some spanx for my bottoms! But i'm not sure where to start with the corset.. I saw a bunch online at DB but when i went in the store it didnt seem like they had any. Do they hide them in the back?? Also, i saw someone mentioned fredericks..Are they reliable\size appropriate? I would rather go somewhere and try it on so i can see if it fits\looks good on me. Help!

Re: Undergarments

• If it's an actual corset back, you don't need a corset at all.  In fact, you may not need anything under it, though I'd try it on and see.  If it's purely decorative, I would see if you can borrow one to try on with the dress.  Depending on how the dress fits, you may not need one.

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. - Andrew Futral

• Thanks, Dubird! It is a corset so a double corset wouldnt actually make sense now that i think about it...I should probably do something like this from DB:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Smooth-Satin-Tricot-Brasselette-7750

and spanx also.
    That might work best!

• I would honestly try it on with nothing else under it.  If it's lined and an actual corset tie, adding anything would add bulk and just make you warmer.  I get that you might not be comfortable with nothing on under it, but don't worry about adding a heavy/boned/wired shaping thing under it.  I honestly think you'd be more comfortable without.

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. - Andrew Futral

• They make "high waisted" spanx, this is what I plan on wearing.  They go from mid thigh to just above the last rib or so.  the keep everything looking sleek and they stay in place no matter what. 
    Junebride12
  • hmmm i'm going to look into that! thanks!
  • My dress is a corset back and I tried everything on under it, but I think I am just going to go braless...and I have Big boobies (38DDD) with the corset back it holds everthing in really well..Oh and spanks on bottom.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards