Plus-Sized
Options

Bridal Shower- Garden Tea Party Menu Help

Posted on Pre-Parties and it is sort of quiet there - any thoughts ?

Hi Ladies,

I am looking for some help with food idea on my shower – My  MOH/SIL is the only member of my bridal party so I am helping with the planning and prepping of the part… She decided on a Garden Tea Party in her back yard & I love the idea- but we are having menu issues… Any suggestions on what we can serve that will be within the theme and still girly and dainty?  we have some guests that will be traveling over an hour and we want them to leave feeling like that got feed lol :)

Here is what we have so far –

Variety of Tea Sandwiches (open to suggestions on a party fav – we plan to make the basic ones from a google search)
Scones and jam
Parmesan & spinach bread twisits
Philo cups with Brie, honey and slivered almonds
Deviled eggs
Spanakopita
Petit Fours, cupcakes & sweat treats

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!

Re: Bridal Shower- Garden Tea Party Menu Help

• Options
    I had a garden tea party bridal shower. I think what you have is great. Make sure you make cucumber sandwiches. I would also make sure that you have a variety of teas, maybe a few iced teas along with other beverages. 
  • Options
    No additions, but may I add that I friggin love spanikopita. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    How about fresh fruit..maybe fruit kabobs. and lots of sandwiches some light just cucumber and maybe a few with more hearty ingredients so that people are fuller.  have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    how about some cucumber water...refreshing and easy to make.  Chicken and Cranbery salad sandwich...  fresh lemon curd also easy to make and Devonshire cream...for scones
  • Options
    I have always loved chocolate covered strawberries, they were a big hit at my gf shower when I made them. Also you might want to have orange marmalade. And I agree with one of the previous posters about having a variety of hot and cold teas, as not everyone's taste will be the same.
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
  • Options
    i should have mentioned the hot/cold tea are a given ;) and the cucumber tea sandwiches water are both on the list lol... we have chicken salad & egg salad... ham and cream cheese rolls, veggie & hummus.... 

kiki95632  do you have recipes ??? -fresh lemon curd also easy to make and Devonshire cream...for scones

we were going to do fruit & cheese - kabobs sounds really cute :) thanks

oh and she thought of veggie & dip shooters lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_bridal-shower-garden-tea-party-menu-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:72ce64b4-683c-4186-8583-ccfd0a77ded8Post:f8defb9f-bde4-407f-9b0c-7ee24d0642e6">Re: Bridal Shower- Garden Tea Party Menu Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]No additions, but may I add that I friggin love spanikopita. :)
    Posted by egeurts[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>hee hee we are spoiled my SIL's mom married a greek man so we have the old school greek ladies from church making it  both spinach & cheese only ;) YUMMY! and some home made hummus !!! I am a lucky girl!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lemon Curd Recipe3 eggs 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted 1 tablespoon grated lemon peelDirections
    1. In the top of a double boiler, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Cook over simmering water for 15 minutes or until thickenedor
    2. or if you don't want to use a double boiler in the microwave stirring at one minute intervals until the curd coated the back of a spoon. Worked perfectly, and much easier and quicker than using the double boiler

• Options

Yield: 1 1/2 cup Devonshire cream

Ingredients:

• 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, at room temperature
    • 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
    • 1 tablespoon sugar (use more or less, if you prefer)

Recipe method:

1. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream. Beat well with a hand mixer until well blended.

2. One teaspoon as a time, add sugar and beat well, stopping when your clotted cream is as sweet as you like.

3. Store up to one week in a sealed container, kept in the refrigerator

• Options

Awesome !! Thank you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards