Plus-Sized
Options

Recommendation in RI

Hi ladies,

I found my dress today (yay!).  I'd struggled to find stores that had large plus-size selections, and after shopping around in NH and MA, I went to Wishing Well Bridal in Rhode Island.  They had a huge plus size selection and were very reasonably priced (I actually came in under budget!).  Also, they post all their dresses online so you can check ahead of time whether they have a certain sample in your size, and they let you pull your own dresses in addition to having a consultant help. I'm trying to lose some weight, and they brought the seamstress up to meet me and talk about what size I should order and how alterations would work for my dress if I ordered my current size but lost weight.  I really appreciated that extra help.

Prior to this place, I'd looked at 5 other shops in MA and NH and was feeling kind of down about this whole process.  I wanted to pass this on in case any other brides in the RI area were similarly struggling to find a place :-)

Re: Recommendation in RI

• Options

Another Rhode Island shop that is only plus size is Boticelli on Mineral Spring Ave. in North Providence. I found my dress there and felt like a princess! Bridal is by appointment only
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies!  I'm a Boston bride, but my fiance lives in N. Prov, and I know I'll be doing some looking down there.  Always good to have options beyond David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got mine at Botticelli's.  Nice to actually be able to try them on!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards