Plus-Sized
Options

Robe?

I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to wear the day of while I'm getting ready. We are having some getting ready photos taken, so I do have to think this through. What would you ladies suggest? I'm about a size 22. 

I was thinking maybe a robe, but finding a nice looking plus size robe has been a little difficult. Any suggestions or good finds? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Robe?

• Options
    My friend wore a silk VS robe that said "bride" in the back.  But, it ended up being more of a pain than anything.  Since, the robe was silk it kept coming undone at the tie, and showed more than she wanted to.  I'm thinking I'm going to go to the good will store to get an over sized button up men's shirt.  I think it will be comfy, and look cute for pictures.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_robe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:80c30077-42bb-40d1-8a52-825e3b26dadaPost:da2bacda-bcbb-4ff7-bc22-bf7b853fcb39">Re: Robe?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend wore a silk VS robe that said "bride" in the back.  But, it ended up being more of a pain than anything.  Since, the robe was silk it kept coming undone at the tie, and showed more than she wanted to.  I'm thinking I'm going to go to the good will store to get an over sized button up men's shirt.  I think it will be comfy, and look cute for pictures.  
    Posted by NinaTony[/QUOTE]

I actually got a VS robe at my shower.  You are sooo right about the tie.  I bought white ribbon and will be using that for the tie, so there are no wardrobe malfunctions. 
    I love the idea of the button up mens shirt though, very cute idea!!!!
  • Options
    I actually ordered robes for myself and hte bridal party as their gifts.I picked out a Amy Butler fabric and i had them all made in corresponding fabrics.
    I had someone on etsy make them- so they could make them to my size.

I thought I would lose some weight so I underestimated on my size a bit and mine is a bit small lol...but I have the extra fabric so I am bringing it to be altered to add in a panel under each arm that is about 2"
    The rest all came in sizes S-M-L for the girls.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    I would hate a robe just because I would be worried I would show more than I wanted. I bought a white short sleeve terry cloth hoodie. aug wedding so I needed short sleeves.
    85image 71image 14image
  • Options
    The weddings I've been to and photographed most brides just usually wear a button down blouse of some sort so it doesn't conflict with their hair or come undone showing more than it should. Of course if it is more of a casual wedding a nice zip up hoodie would work as well. :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards