Plus-Sized

What's girl to do?

Our vision: A Saturday afternoon ceremony and partying into the evening at the reception!

Our reality:
Okay knottie gals, I have a dillema Undecided I can either have the venue I wanted, on the date that I wanted. The kicker here is I would have to have an afternoon wedding (which my husband and I loathe the thought of). We are truly nightime party people!

OR

We could go with a BACK UP Embarassed venue, on the date that we want and the time that we want.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's girl to do?

• A third option is to change your date to still get the venue you want for an evening reception....depends on how firm you are on your date.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_whats-girl-to-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:ae3a3f86-0844-4cc2-ac6f-cb3cc69dac54Post:db04cd07-56ba-4338-981f-a030b9bcf168">Re: What's girl to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A third option is to change your date to still get the venue you want for an evening reception....depends on how firm you are on your date.
    Posted by entropicbeauty[/QUOTE]

We MUST stick to this date for several reasons, most importantly, our son is out of school during his Spring Break that week. It's more convieniet for my husband to get time off of work during that time and we would be able to leave form Georgia to Florida that entire week before! Nothing left to do but Pray on it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If the time is that important I would go with the Back Up. Also the Grand looks gorgeous!! Oh my goodness, this is why I love Miami!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Which is more important to you?  The venue or the time of day?  From what you've written it seems as though the time of day is, I'd go with your backup option.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Frankly I don't really get all the "dream venue" hype; so you get a pretty backdrop for your photos, that is literally the ONLY thing it contributes. Sorry, this is my "I dont get it". What I remember about my wedding is the PARTY; the people, the food, the dancing, the music. I realize for some people the venue is a big deal, I just don't get it and I'd go with a different place in a heartbeat if it meant getting to spend the time I wanted with my guests.
  • FI and I had the same dilema. We decided to go with our 2nd choice venue because otherwise we would have spent more money for an after party. Funny thing is..the closer we get..the more we love our decision of venue. Go with your gut. Whichever one you choose will be perfect because its the people attending not the walls surrounding!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_whats-girl-to-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:ae3a3f86-0844-4cc2-ac6f-cb3cc69dac54Post:07974686-2ba4-4be4-b754-a0308a6cf4a7">Re: What's girl to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which is more important to you?  The venue or the time of day?  From what you've written it seems as though the time of day is, I'd go with your backup option.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

I agree it looks like time of day is more important to you. Also a venue can be changed with a few decorations. I would go with the back up plan it still seems like a wonderful place.
  • random4180random4180 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_whats-girl-to-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:ae3a3f86-0844-4cc2-ac6f-cb3cc69dac54Post:30d0fc2c-bff9-4941-b9d4-3384360b0360">Re:What's girl to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Frankly I don't really get all the "dream venue" hype; so you get a pretty backdrop for your photos, that is literally the ONLY thing it contributes. Sorry, this is my "I dont get it". What I remember about my wedding is the PARTY; the people, the food, the dancing, the music. I realize for some people the venue is a big deal, I just don't get it and I'd go with a different place in a heartbeat if it meant getting to spend the time I wanted with my guests.
    Posted by Kate61487[/QUOTE]

<div>I do and I don't get it as well. I totally didn't want a hotel or typical reception hall but I had been looking at more than one historical hall-type option. There are many things that came into play but I based 90% of my choice on factors I took into account before seeing the venue (price, proximity to our home and families, size.) Therefore, when I actually visited the venue, all I had to do was make sure it was satisfied those things I needed. </div><div>
    </div><div>But then, I also really, really love my venue and can't really picture having my reception anywhere else. I think there is a middle ground and I think people like me, who gave no thought to weddings and venues before they knew what they would need and what they could afford, have it a little easier. We can find the "dream" venue without the preconceptions. OP, I'd go with the second choice because I think you can make any venue your "dream" venue and it seems the time and date are more important to you.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_whats-girl-to-do?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:ae3a3f86-0844-4cc2-ac6f-cb3cc69dac54Post:cd9e2f39-1b13-450a-b134-9ff846df919d">Re:What's girl to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:What's girl to do? : But then, I also really, really love my venue Posted by random4180[/QUOTE]

LOVE the look of your venue - where is it?
  • It's in Westchester, a historical hall. It was the result of a rather long internet search to find it too, it's kind of obscure as a wedding venue. Sometimes being a budget bride leads to some unexpected finds!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards