Plus-Sized

bathing suits

where have you all found bathing suits?
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: bathing suits

• Old Navy!!! Love their suits,  make sureyou try them on in store, I have found that you could pick up 2 of the same items, exact same labeled size, and one is a whole size smaller or bigger. 
  • My old navy doesnt carry plus in the storeusually i can get away with and old navy xxl

do any old navy stores carry plus, i wonder
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • In Response to Re:bathing suits:[QUOTE]Old Navy!!! Love their suits,nbsp;nbsp;make sureyounbsp;try them on in store, I have found that you could pick up 2nbsp;of the same items, exact same labeled size, and one is a whole size smaller or bigger.nbsp; Posted by cinderellasjc[/QUOTE]

THIS!!! found this out the hard way lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • i think ON is only plus online - unless returned to the store - I know it used to have a plus section in some locations but the current website insinuates they done :(
    Question for the girls with ON suits - do you think the size is close to the clothing  so if i am a 1x plus i should be a 1x suit ? or did you see a wide range in sizing?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker

I have found that the sizes are all over the place on ON (plus sizes) always look at the comments under each item.  People usually give you a good idea whether stuff runs large or small.  I have bought two pairs of jeans with almost the same exact style in the same size and one fits perfectly and the other is so tight i cant zipper them at all.  Once i started to go by the comments i haven't had a problem!  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love my LLBean suits!  They can be returned to Sears if they don't fit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_bathing-suits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:b7834e92-b8d2-4583-a325-04cc86744f28Post:a2a0e7c2-9f01-48b5-8a86-0a1ac495585c">Re: bathing suits</a>:
    [QUOTE]i think ON is only plus online - unless returned to the store - I know it used to have a plus section in some locations but the current website insinuates they done :( Question for the girls with ON suits - do you think the size is close to the clothing  so if i am a 1x plus i should be a 1x suit ? or did you see a wide range in sizing?
    Posted by EastSideBlonde[/QUOTE]

If your a 1x eastside, you could probably go with an xxl suit at ON...
  • I've done torrid and lane Bryan's my last 3 suits
    85image 71image 14image
  • I love my Lane Bryant suit! Fits perfectly!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Target and KMart have beautiful high quality suits this year - which has not always been the case in the past....
  • I have one Fashion Bug suit and one Lane Bryant suit. 
  • I despise shopping for swimsuits however I have had great success with suits from torrid.
    Anniversary
  • I like my woman within.com bathing suit. I also have one from fashion bug
  • Torrid was the first place I felt comfortable getting a bathing suit. I love it!
  • Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_bathing-suits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:b7834e92-b8d2-4583-a325-04cc86744f28Post:47ca70ca-dd86-4160-a829-c00e13d1836c">bathing suits</a>:
    [QUOTE]where have you all found bathing suits?
    Posted
    I found my suits at Jcpenny. If there is a JCpenny Outlet near you try that too
  • Lane Bryant! And Most of them have built in bras! Also, Land's End, Torrid and Forever 21 plus have cute ones!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got mine from Lands end they have ALOT of sizes and stlyes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards