Plus-Sized
Options

NWR: Swimsuit help?

Hi everyone. I've recently started looking for a new bathing suit. I live in a pretty warm area and the beach trips will begin in a few months. I have outgrown my last swimsuit and I need a new one but as usual, I am having trouble. I need a suit with underwire for support and that is oddly difficult to find. I have tried Victoria's Secret. Land's End and am thinking about trying one from Lane Byrant. Anyone have any other suggestions about where I should go?

Re: NWR: Swimsuit help?

• Options
    Go try Lane Bryant.  Those have been the only ones that I found that fit me perfectly. I currently have 3 from there.  Even their one piece suits have underwire and a lot have built in bras.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    edited January 2012

If you're over a D cup, try Bravissimo.com. I have a couple swimsuits from there and I love them. :) It's an English company but they do international shipping and have a great returns policy.

ETA: I'm a dress size 18, and I can usually get away with M-L in briefs with them and I believe some styles go to XL. I wear the tankini's, and buying one for my cup size, fit me round the body fine too.

• Options
    Lane Bryant. And torrid has some with underwire at least in the past it has. All have shelf bras I do know.

• Options
    If you have an Avenue by you, try there. They usually have some cute suits.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas, I am checking them out. :)
  • Options
    I LOVE my lane Bryant swimsuit. some of theirs are sized by your bra size, and come with underwire and slight padding. I'm a DDD, and this is the only swim suit I have ever felt comfortable in.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know what Fashion Bug has to offer this year, but you might want to check out their website. My mom usually has good luck there.  I don't know if it is a nation wide store though, so you might have to order online if you find something you like.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards