Plus-Sized

XP: Exit Throws

I'm not sure how many of you are doing this BUT I wasn't going to do an exit. Now I'm thinking we should so that guests know when to leave. Well we have an issue I have no creative ideas on what to do. Anything we do has to be cleaned up per the venue. Plus we don't want anything that has to be thrown or could end up in my hair. We don't want bubbles or sparklers since we have seen those in every wedding.

We had an idea of balloons but since it will be at night we were wanting something that will actually be seen. I am just stumped I thought this would be a last minute EASY project but instead it makes my brain hurt. Any ideas ladies?

Re: XP: Exit Throws

• I'm thinking of having people ring bells as we leave the ceremony instead of throwing rice or blowing bubbles.  The reception is at a different location.  At the end of the reception I think the DJ will just stop the music, the lights will come on and I'll gather up my stuff and head toward the hotel.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're not doing a "grand exit" b/c most of the people at the wedding will be staying at that resort...it'd be odd.  No driving invloved, just walking across the street to the main hotel.  Soooo that being said - if i was planning an exit, i'd have the DJ announce the send-off (right before the end of the reception) and have a basket put out for whatever you'd  be doing.  I'm a fan of sparklers - i just love the pics.  I hope that helps! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I actually don't think i've stayed all the way through any wedding ever...so I've never seen an exit.

One friend of mine had fairy wands instead of bubbles or sparklers...everyone got one to "wave" at the couple when they left the church. ...it was sort of lame, but you could think along those lines (glow sticks?)
  • What about those lanters that you light and they float up into the sky? Like these... http://ads.justartifacts.net/landings/skylanterns/1.50dollar.htm?cp=skylan&ad=1.5d&kw=floating%20lanters&nw=sc
    Not sure why it won't let me do a link right now but... yeah.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_xp-exit-throws?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:e1352d70-90f1-46d2-9c9c-1cf7477c5e23Post:2d9fbfd5-32a8-4180-8c43-6737529f549f">Re: XP: Exit Throws</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about those lanters that you light and they float up into the sky? Like these... <a href="http://ads.justartifacts.net/landings/skylanterns/1.50dollar.htm?cp=skylan&ad=1.5d&kw=floating%20lanters&nw=sc" rel="nofollow">http://ads.justartifacts.net/landings/skylanterns/1.50dollar.htm?cp=skylan&ad=1.5d&kw=floating%20lanters&nw=sc</a> Not sure why it won't let me do a link right now but... yeah.
    Posted by angele4200[/QUOTE]

<div>ohhh i like this idea</div>
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've never stayed through an entire wedding either, I've  always just assumed people all gathered up and left. So people do a grand exit from the ceremony and from the reception? Ah, the things I learn here!
  • Our exit will be at night as well, we are doing sparklers at ours. It should be pretty!
  • I'm going with the PP who suggested lanterns.  We are doing a sparkler exit as well but after that we are releasing the lanterns.  The site that the PP has in her post, I just ordered 8 different lanterns from them to see what shapes we like, and they have a great deal on the colored ones (pinks, blues, yellow, orange, red etc.) if you buy a big batch of them.   I even ordered a couple of the colored ones to see if I like them.   I can't wait until i get them in, if you're interested, I can let you know.  Should be within this week.
    my_wedding_original Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a wedding planner (and a bride too!) so I can give you the low down on exits. I always have the DJ announce the last song. After that's over my assistant and I gather all of the guests outside (It's like hearding cattle and can take a while-and some big voices) and hand them whatever the bride provides. After the couple run through the guests know to leave so clean up can begin for the vendors.

I personally hate sparklers. Drunk people plus fire don't mix. I have denied many a drunken person a sparkler after one experience that nearly caught someone on fire! Bubbles might be considered "lame" but they really do look pretty in pictures. Glow sticks are fun but make sure to tell your photographer before your wedding day that you will be using them. They can be hard to capture if he/she isn't prepared. I had a couple one time use pom pom shakers (in the colors of their college football team) with bells tied to them.  The Japanese lanterns are really cool and something I haven't had a couple do yet.
  • If I were rich, we would have fireworks!

• So to update. I got my chinese lanterns and these puppies are SWEET!!! My FI and I are set some off the other night and it was awesome, they went so high and so far, we stood outside (freezing but didnt care) for probably 10 min watching it just go further and further away.  Very cool. 
    Also, the packaging says that its easiest to have two people per lantern. One to light it and one to hold it up since it has to be fully open to be able to light it. 
    I HIGHLY recommend them.
    As far as what type to get, I got one of each shape and the "diamond" was the only one I thought wasnt' too huge and almost scary to imagine lighting something that big on fire and sending it up into the air.
    my_wedding_original Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards