Plus-Sized
Options

PCOS?

Re: PCOS?

• Options
    I know I have it but just got back on insurance and need to make an appointment to get the tests done to be officially diagnosed. skipped periods (one time 6 months without) and chin hairs ugh. What types of tests do they do to diagnose you?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_pcos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:e1ea764c-44f1-4827-91fa-26eb444349fbPost:cb1fb7bc-c19f-4ad1-9485-cb96f2876c0e">Re: PCOS?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sunny are you on meds? I haven't taken mine in months due to the stomach issues!
    Posted by okiediva[/QUOTE]

I don't have PCOS but just finished my MSN program and will be taking my family nurse practitioner certification soon. I would check to see if you are on the extended release form of metformin. It is usually tolerated better. It helped almost everyone I ever switched. Also, not sure how long you have been on it but nearly every medicine has side effects but typically they go away or are reduced after a few weeks of taking the medicine. I know that is not much help because of any nausea, cramping or diarrhea that you may or may not have now but if you haven't stuck it out for a few weeks, I'd give it another shot. Oh and I am sure you know this but you are suppose to take it with food.
  • Options
    I have it too i was on the nuvea ring but my cycle stopped on that and they told me because the birth control was thinning my uterus out so right now im not on anything. I tried yas but it made me crazy 
    image 99 Made the cut image 76 Are ready to party!
    image 23 Will be missing out YAYAYAY image 0 Need to find the mailbox because if they didn't already they no longer can come The RSVP deadline has passed this is the final count Wedding Countdown Ticker image CLick and check out My blog From Ms. To Mrs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards