Plus-Sized

AHHH the wedding stress

good morning ladies. 
are any of you guys close to the wedding date and feeling the freak out? We got our marriage license yesterday at the 3 week mark so we would have that done. so as of today i guess we can be legally married. i think its just that the wedding is so real now. its like there is no turning back now... not that i would want to... However its just really stressful with everyone coming to me asking me questions. and all that. i just want to go to sleep and wake up on our wedding day. any one else feeling this way? and how about your guys men.. are they more on edge that normal? i know mine is. I dont know about you guys but im just going to try and make it through the next 21 days without either going crazy or biting someones head off. 

Re: AHHH the wedding stress

• haha! you're definitely not alone in this!!! 

I have been married for just over 2 months.  Just remember to take a break from the wedding things if you can between now and then..go on a date with your FI and do not talk wedding. It'll be good =) 

My one thing I was so grateful of was to be organized...Especially for the last 6 weeks.  That way all the questions can be answered bam bam without hesitation. 

-Make sure you're done or almost done with your DIY projects if you are doing any.  That way you don't have any added stress.  Whatever you can get done within this next week will be awesome and less stressful (other than nervous jitters)
    -Do your day of time line, contact list of important people for that day (parents, bridal party, vendors) make multiple copies (one for you, FI, best man, MOH, a trusted parent and the reception location), must have photos (if you have any).
    -Make a mock-up of a seating chart ahead of time if you're having one...that helped us out a lot when it came down to making the final one the week of the wedding.  You should have your final count by now or within the next week...(all depends when the vendor needs them)
    -Make a list of everything you're going to need with you all day. (ceremony items, reception items, dress & accessories, shoes, emergency kit, etc. and list each category in detail...I was in a wedding a month after mine and she forgot her tree for her tree ceremony =(

RELAX!  Have fun and enjoy these last 21 days or so!  They're going to go by so fast. Especially the day of the wedding!  Remember to take a few moments through out the day (especially at the reception) with just your husband.  It'll be worth taking a break from mingling with people or dancing to just sit back and watch everyone having a great time =)

If ya need anymore feedback or anything you can always PM me or hop on over to the month boards. May, June & July 2012 boards are normally more active when there are posts =)

• its so good to know im not the only crazy bride. i know everyone says it goes by so fast and to enjoy it. i am so unorginized and have left everything to the last minute so im freaking out now trying to get everything done. AHHHHHH.. 
  • I have the weird feeling of NOT being stressed.  I anticipated being overwhelmed based on what others have gone through but so far that hasn't been the case for me.  Working in my favor is the fact that we have no DIY projects and we've done lots of research along the way and have decided on most everything in advance of having to make the actual decision.

Relax and try and enjoy the last few weeks!  Like the PP poster said, organization is key.  Get everything together now so your stress doesn't go up as the day gets closer! 
  • I'm at the 21 day mark as well. I have been feeling stressed but I met with someone yesterday and ironed out all the timelines. I feel so much better! I have a few diy things left but have the time to get it done. I'm ready for this!
  • I'm at the 5 day mark now, and I'm just trying to stay busy so the stress doesn't get to me too badly. I just tried to take a break from wedding things when I was at the 2 month mark, and now I'm trying to channel all the stress into excitement.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards