Maine
Options

NWR: Portland Restaurant Recommendations

staying in Old Port next month.  i would like a recommendation for a really nice restaurant (dress up/suit/tie)  (special birthday dinner for a friend turning 40).  can anyone recommend a place?

TIA!

Re: NWR: Portland Restaurant Recommendations

• Options
    Depends on the cuisine but here are some ideas!
    -Spanish inspired: Local 188
    -Italian: Ciaolas, Ribollita, Cinque Terre
    -American: Walters; Fore Street; Five Fifty Five, the Grill Room and Bar, Bar Lola, The Salt Exchange
    -South American: Sonny's,

The most expensive of the bunch is definitely Fore Street and only half of the tables are for reservations.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Are you looking for a place that all patrons will be dressed up, or a place where your birthday dinner goers wouldn't look out of place dressed up?

A few of the places recommended by the previous poster will definitely have a wide mix.  I've seen jeans, shorts, t-shirts, etc., as well as people dressed more formally, at Sonny's and The Grill Room.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    walters, corner room, front room, grill room
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    defintely looking for something where everyone would be dressed nicely, and where children would defininitely be discouraged.
  • Options
    If you're open to Freeport, I suggest the Maine Dining Room at the Harraseeket Inn (I'm biased, because we got married at the Inn, but we love the food, and I think most people are dressed up--the Broad Arrow Tavern there is more casual).
  • Options
    So, so many amazing options in Portland. Vignola, Cinque Terre, Street & Co, The Farmer's Table are all stellar and in the same block. Fore Street, Walters, Grace, David's, Local 188, Five Fifty Five, The Corner Room. No shortage of great places to eat in Portland-the real problem is picking one! 
  • Options
    I would recommend Grace.  It is absolutely breathtaking inside (it used to be a church) and it is definitely a fancier restaurant that doesn't seem to attract the average-dressed person off the street.

http://www.restaurantgrace.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I LOVE the restaurant inside The Portland Regency!  Perfect for a special occasion. I think it's called 22 Milk Street, and have seen gift certificates on Restaurant.com offering $25 certificates for $10.  Good luck, we love the Old Port!
  • Options
    thanks all!
  • Options
    Almost any restaurant in the Old Port you are going to find the one or two people in jeans, especially with the cruise ships coming in.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    i checked out Grace online - WOW!  menu looked good too.  that's def in teh running, and not a place i came across in my googling.
  • Options
    Not in the Old Port (on the East End) but my fiance and I LOVE Bar  Lola.  They have a GREAT tasting menu that has an accompanying wine flight.  Depending  on how  busy they are, you and the person you're dining with will get different  items.  The  owner picks the wine to go along with what you're  having.  My fiance  and I have been there 3 times  and each time we've had an excellent meal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards