Maine

Wedding venue help!!

Hi guys,

I'm newly engaged and hoping to get married August '13. Looking for an affordable venue where I can have both the ceremony and reception on the wonderful Maine coast. A venue with accomodations for my guests would be preferred as well. A beautiful lakeside location is something we are considering as well. Any location suggestions?? (aside from whats listed on this site.) Thanks!

Re: Wedding venue help!!

• I am going to a wedding here in October: http://www.kingsleypinesevents.com/

From the pictures on the website, it looks pretty and they have cabins that guests can reserve.  I know nothing else about it, but I've heard it's rather affordable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The Samoset Resort is really my favorite midcoast wedding venue and definitely worth a try talking to them about your budget.  There are plenty of inns, motels, B&B's, cabins, campgrounds, etc. for those who can't afford to lodge there.  I also just found out about another place for rent in Lincolnville.  It's right on route 1 and very easy and pretty to get to. It's called Mount n Sea and it's a big farmhouse with a barn that has a bar.  You rent it for a weekend or by the week and I think up to 20 people can sleep there.  They provide a lot of things like chairs, a tent, etc., and  you do your own food and bar.  Worth checking out! Good luck.
  • Just a heads up that August will probably be one of the more expensive months to book a venue in Maine. I've known some couples that have rented summer camps for a week in the fall, and their guests stayed in the cabins, which is a very affordable way to get a great spot and lodging for your guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards