Maine

I'm Married!

Hi All,  Just wanted to say thank you for all of your wonderful advise, ideas, and reassurance throughout this entire process. This board was always a wealth of information and in some way or another you all had a part in making my wedding perfect! THANK YOU ALL!  I know there were a few people asking about DJ recommendations and I cannot say enough great things about Mike Mahoney of M&M Entertainment. Everyone was on the dance floor all night long and we all had a blast. He played exactly what we wanted for dinner and transitioned the music perfectly into the dancing part of the reception. We had so many compliments about him and his music choices! I should also mention that he set up at our ceremony site and played music there for us too. He was awesome.  We had our ceremony at the Bethel Town Common. We used Olson's Tent Rental for the chairs and they too were also great. We were having an outside ceremony and they let us have until 12:00 on Saturday to decide if we wanted the tent. With the July weather we have been having we loved their flexibility with this. We did not use a tent and the weather turned out beautiful.  Our reception was at Sunday River. I cannot say enough great things about them. They were there every step of the way for anything we needed. We had assistance with our rehearsal and also with our ceremony. They were amazing. I made OOT bags and as our guests checked in they gave them a bag. I had two different kinds of bags....Some with juice boxes and play-doh for the kids...and they were able to do make sure the right people got the right bags. I could go on and on about the wonderful little things Sunday River did for us throughout this process so if you want more info just ask! The only thing that I was disappointed in was one of our meal choices. When we had our tasting the chicken was boneless skinless chicken breast. Last night it had skin and bone.... I was not impressed....I hate skin and bone on my chicken. Other then that everything was great. Something I thought was wonderful was they worked with our florist and had arrangements made for the lobby and the bathrooms to match what we were using in our wedding! We also arranged to have pizza delivered at 11:00 (with the help of Helen). Home Slice pizza in Bethel was awesome!  I have not seen any pictures yet but I know we are going to have some amazing shots. Anne Skidmore and her assistant were our photographers. She is located out of North Conway and she was so wonderful to work with. She took some artsy kind of pictures and some night shots where we had to hold poses for like 15 seconds.... I can't wait to see them!  Last but not least.... Pooh Corner Farm was our amazing florist. We had so many compliments on our flower arrangements and they looked beautiful. Carole just knew exactly what we wanted and more.  Atlantic Limo is whom we used for transportation and they too were great!I think that's it for now....Again, thank you for all of your assistance and advice in this process.

Re: I'm Married!

• edited December 2011
    HOORAY!!!!!! That's so exciting to hear-- I think all of us still in the planning stages get so reassured when we hear that people's weddings went off fantastically, despite this ridiculous weather, and even with a minor hiccup or two.Definitely share your photos-- I know I love seeing them all. And they give me ideas for photos when it's my day, too! Congratulations (again),Daniele
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • edited December 2011
    glad everything went great!mind if I ask- average price for the dj?I'm not the best about finding one.. and we deffinatly want one who will set up outside at our ceremony site... so so far he sounds perfect!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  Sounds like you had a wonderful day.  We can't wait to see pics.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We paid $900 for our DJ. I believe he have us a small discount ($100) for booking early. Good Luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! It sounds like your day was perfect :) So happy things went so well, and i can't wait to see the pictures!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  It sounds like you had a fantastic day and Sunday River was great.  I can't wait to see pictures--especially those night shots!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats sounds like you had a wonderful day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards