Maine
Options

Contracts Question

Has anyone hired anyone without a contract? Both my JP and my organist do not have contracts for both of us to sign. Which I think is just crazy, what if they don't show up? Also am I just supposed to send a deposit of $50 to someone I have never met? Does anyone have any suggestions?? What should I do?

Re: Contracts Question

• Options
    kev'sbridekev'sbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't sign anything for my organist.  I asked him how much and I paid him cash.  He came to the rehersal so that he could get an idea for timing (size of the bridal party, etc.).  It was the best $ I spent.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My florist didn't ask me to sign a contract. he just required a $50 deposit whenever I could afford it and payment in full sometime before the wedding. He has a good reputation so I'm not worried about it. I didn't sign a contract with my organist because he's a friend of mine who just happens to be the music director at the church I'm getting married in!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We dont have an organist and the officient is a friend so we arent worried about that.. but other than that we have signed contracts for everything. I think if you are worried about it, I would have them sign something. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also get refereneces for the people you are concerned about. See how they have done in the past
  • Options
    MaineMayBrideMaineMayBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask them if they mind signing a contract with you.Just print off something simple but to the point on your own computer.Make sure you get references and all their contact information...including a cell phone they will have day of ceremony. JUST in case.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't sign a contract with our JP, she didn't require it. We had met with her once before giving her the deposit, the 2nd meeting was to discuss the whole ceremony plan and to give the deposit . . . but I totally trust her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    pskpsk member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I'm too trusting. I am from out of town and I booked many places off of the recommended list of vendors from our reception location... and your post made me realize I didn't sign contracts with the officiant, florist or make up. Oops. Honestly, my only real concern is the officiant, if he doesn't show up I'm screwed! I probably would have cared more if I was having a larger wedding, we're only 10 people. I think it is completely reasonable to type up an agreement and have them sign it though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards