Maine

Hair In or Near Kennebunkport

pskpsk member
First Anniversary First Comment
Hello, I've posted a hair/make up question before, but I've decided I'll just wear my hair very simple, straight down, a look I can very easily do on my own. My mother doesn't want anyone doing her hair, so we decided not to hire anyone... HOWEVER, my FMIL would like her hair done and was SHOCKED I hadn't booked anyone... sooo here I am, looking for a recommendation of someone local she can go to in Kennebunkport, maybe a 5-10 min drive to a neighboring town?? I have been looking on Yelp and there seem to be lots of day spas, and sounds like there are a few hair places, but I can't find websites. I"m sure this shouldn't be too hard of a question and if I was local, it'd be easy! But planning our little destination wedding from Chicago makes this trickier. Thank you for your help!

Re: Hair In or Near Kennebunkport

• edited December 2011
    Try the Spa at River's Edge in Kennebunk. They did the hair for my FSIL's wedding and the girls all looked great!
  • kcut50kcut50 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! For my wedding in a few weeks I am using a great girl who lives in Kittery but will travel to you.  She is coming to our hotel the day of the wedding and she is extremely well priced.  She is doing five of us for $250 which I thought was very reasonable.  I feel weird posting her name on a public website but if you're interested, reply to this and we can figure out a way to get in touch offline.  She works at a pretty big time salon in Boston on Newbury Street but commutes from Kittery.  She is really great.  I did a test run with her and was thrilled!    
  • jenndawnpjenndawnp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Studio 41 in Kennebunk, I had my hair done there and its where I normally go to get cuts and dyes. They did a great job for my wedding.
    JT & Jenn, September 21, 2008, The Nonantum Resort, Kennebunkport, Maine
    image 3/100
    Books read in 2011: 111
    Books read in 2012: 100
    my read shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Iris4700Iris4700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To Kcut50 - I'd be very interested in the lady who did your hair! my e-mail is LMDonovan at yahoo dot com and if you could give me her name and contact, I'd be very appreciative!
  • pskpsk member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!! I will check out the local spots in Kennebunkport on an upcoming trip so I can report back for her. I would totally have someone come to our hotel to do hair if I was also having my hair done, but I don't really want to pay $250 just for her to have her hair done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards