Maine

Double Check!!!

I just got back from David's Bridal with both of my FSILs.  They were the last two to go try on "the" dress and be measured.  The dress looked gorgeous on both of them!  So happy to have this part out of the way!

We also officially made the decision about our honeymoon.  We are going to be going to Baltimore and DC for the week after our wedding.  The Red Sox are playing the Orioles that week, so we plan on getting tickets to the entire series down there, which is SO much cheaper than going to Fenway.  Two years ago, FI and I went on a roadtrip and spent a few days in the Baltimore/DC area.  FI didn't get to see as much as he wanted in DC (I've been there a bunch of times) so we will be getting down there to see the sights too.

The deciding factor...a co-worker has connections and can get us a nice room at a Marriott for $35 a night!!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Double Check!!!

• edited December 2011
    That's awesome girl! Congrats on the checks!  We are headed down that way for part  of our honeymoon as well, Philadelphia.  I wanted to go to DC but FI thinks it would be better to go when we have more than just a couple days to spend there.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats, on both fronts!  Are you going to be in DC during the Cherry Blossom season?  I've always wanted to go!
    Married 9.4.11
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to Philly a number of times too, and we spent half a day there on our road trip.  LOVE it there too!

We will be going in the middle of July, so it will be long past Cherry Blossom season.  I've only ever been there in June/July.  Since I teach, going in late March/early April just doesn't mix with my schedule.
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the dresses! Are they going to be in the red color? 

Also, congrats on the honeymoon decision! Sounds like a blast! I <3 baseball though. :) That's even better than your friend hooked you up with a sweet deal on the rooms! Yay!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    edited December 2011
    Yes, the apple red will be the color of the dresses.  Seriously, that dress is the dress version of the sisterhood of the traveling pants!  I have 6 girls and 3 have significantly challenging body types and the dress looked amazing on all of them.  It was everyone's first choice in the end!
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!!!!  OMG I love Camden Yards.  It's SO beautiful.  I'd rather go there than Fenway :)
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    edited December 2011
    Yes, "Fenway South" is so much nicer!  I was in Baltimore to present at a National Conference two years ago in March and we had a reception at Camden Yards.  They gave us a tour and we got to go on the field and they let us sit in the visitor's dugout.  It was so awesome!  We were bummed last year when the Sox didn't play there at all during the summer.  We set our wedding date before the baseball schedule came out.  When we realized that the Sox would be there while we were on our honeymoon, we immediately put that option on our list!
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Such a pretty color and dress. I'm still searching for BM dresses - glad you can check yours off the list! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards