Maine

Park Shelters

Hi gals;

So I've been engaged almost 6 months now, haven't planned a thing.  I'm pretty overwhelmed with the cost and amount of things to take into consideration.  I was very very close to booking New England Outdoor Center in Millnocket; but the cost is just getting out of control. 

I'm at the point where I'd like to invite just close family and friends, maybe 40 or so.  I'm tempted to elope but I think a small casual gathering would be great compromise as I know my mom and also FI's mom are both very excited for this wedding.  That's fine with me, I'm not opposed to having a wedding at all, I just don't want to stress about it or spend a lot of money on it. 

Anyways, long story shot, I was looking at Winslow Park in Freeport, they have a group shelter that costs $100.  We could have a ceremony, then casual catered bbq under the shelter.  I feel like it's a real steal being on the water and everything.  I'm not sure their alcohol policies, I just was googling them this evening, so that may be a deal breaker if it's not allowed.

Any other ideas for similar venues?

Thanks,
Amy

Re: Park Shelters

• ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unless there is a special permit you can get, I'm pretty sure that you are not allowed to consume alcohol at any of the state parks. I'm getting married at Fort Popham (free!) but I found a different reception site because alcohol is not allowed there. 

There are still plenty of low cost reception options. My reception is going to be at a Ramada. It's $24/person for dinner and $200 for the grand ballroom and that includes a DOC, dancing, cash bar, champagne toast, cake cutting, and the honeymoon suite for me and FI. My best advice for you is shop around, there are great deals out there.
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011
    It looks like it's town-owned, not a state park, so I would call the town to find out about its alcohol policy.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards