Maine

Maine Wedding

Hi, I am looking for help with finding a venue in the Lakes Region area in Maine. Any ideas? I fell in love with Camp Takajo but the price was extremely high. I really like the idea of a lake side ceremony/reception, but I am open to any suggestions.

Re: Maine Wedding

• A friend of mine had her wedding at Kingsley Pines in Raymond last fall and it was really nice.  The ceremony had the lake as their backdrop and it was gorgeous.  I have no idea what they charge, but I know they were on a pretty small budget.

http://www.kingsleypinesevents.com/

Another friend had her wedding at Point Sebago.

I'm not sure if either of those locations fall into the Lakes Region area, but they're close.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I looked into Kingsley Pines and I found them to be super expensive. You basically have to rent out the entire property for the whole weekend and they make your guests pay extra on top of that to rent the cabins if they wish to stay on property. Beautiful setting for sure though.
  • I checked with my friend and they paid less than $3000 to have the wedding there with the use of three different buildings.  They got married in October, so may their rates are different that late in the fall.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Bald Mountian Resort in Rangeley Maine is a little far north but its a log lodge right on a lake with cabins to rent for guest. Beautiful Area

Here is the info they sent me!

Bald Mountain Camps is located right on the shore on Mooselookmeguntic lake we have 14 cabins and one main lodge. Our max bed capacity for our cabins is 74 people and our max capacity for seating in our lodge is 150 people. We have outdoor venues on the property that can hold much more. We have our own rental fleet with tents, tables, chairs, silver, glassware and much more.......

Menu: Our head chief Meg Godair has been in the business for over 25 years and the sky is the limit. We design your menu to your specifications, no standard picking from a list......

Pricing: Facility fee: $2,500
    Min Per person plate cost: $40
    Tax: 7%
    Gratuity: 18%
  • In Response to <a href="http://leesburg.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_maine-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:3994c2fb-9277-486b-b7a9-18c8bdf764dePost:4fa7440b-e19a-4b27-98a3-c579444157ac">Maine Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I am looking for help with finding a venue in the Lakes Region area in Maine. Any ideas? I fell in love with Camp Takajo but the price was extremely high. I really like the idea of a lake side ceremony/reception, but I am open to any suggestions.
    Posted by lisamarie516[/QUOTE]

When you say "extremely high", what does that mean?  $5000, $10000, more???   I also love Takajo--my parents worked there, and it's where we had our first kiss--but if it's way out of our price range, it'd be nice to know now so we can really start looking elsewhere.
  • My bff got married on a mountain in Casco and had her reception at Agassiz Village in Poland. I think it was around $2k to rent the hall. (I think that is the event and cleanup time)
    http://www.agassizvillage.org/h/weddingguidelines.asp I can show you photos if you want to see it decorate (the ones they have are terrible)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards