Maine

Caterers

Hello everyone,
We are beginning our caterer search and I wanted to see if any of you had any feedback for us. We are getting married in Winthrop (near augusta for those of you who live north or south) and are as of now planning on meeting with Personal Touch Catering, Chefas, and White flour catering. Do any of you have feedback about these caterers? And do you have any other suggestions of who we should contact?

Thanks!

Re: Caterers

• edited December 2011
    Sorry, don't have any feedback to offer.  Our caterer is The Good Food Store out of Bethel and they have been phenomenal to work with.  Their food is delicious too.  Let us know how the meetings go.  :)
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    I will update about the meetings, they will be in early March. I looked into the Good Food Store but they don't do tastings and we weren't comfortable with booking without tasting!
  • edited December 2011
    I felt the same way about the tasting, but they aren't your "average" catering company so they just don't do them.  We ended up booking them and then taking a trip up to see them last summer and paid them to cook a meal for ourselves and 2 friends.  It was beyond phenomenal.  Really good food.  As far away from banquet food as you can get.   We are really picky when it comes to food and we were sold within a few bites.  It was worth the money for the meal for us to have peace of mind.  They made us beef filet with a demi glace sauce, a nice salad of mixed baby greens with bacon, cranberries, blue cheese and pear reisling vinagrette, and mushroom raviolis with a cream sauce and seasonal sauteed veggies.  We also ordered some bread and a pie.  Everything was excellent and I would be THRILLED to death if our food tastes half as good that day.  And every review I've seen of them has positive as well. 

I'm not sure if my review helps, but I guess if you are not thrilled with the other people, it might be worth looking into The Good Food Store.  They really are one of the things we are MOST excited about for our wedding. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    ya that is good to hear, we have heard great things about them. Ill keep it in mind if the appointments don't go well!

Thanks!
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On that note, does anyone know how much of the state the Good Food Store covers?
  • edited December 2011
    I don't.  But maybe give Heather a call or shoot her an email.  She'll definitely respond within a day or two. 
    Married 9.4.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards