Maine

Possible Venues in Union

Hello there!

We will be getting married in the Union / Washington / possibly Camden area the first week of September.  I am looking for a venue that I could have the ceremony as well as the reception, for approximately 50-60 people.  A place full of natural beauty, rustic, perhaps on a lake or mountain views ...  I have been searching both this board as well as doing a bunch of googling, and I have some options, but am wondering if any of you ladies out there have had any experience with the area?

Thanks in advance! :)

Re: Possible Venues in Union

• HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Congratulations!  There are many venues in that area that you might be interested in.  The Samoset Resort is very popular and a beautiful spot in Rockport, as well as Point Lookout in Northport, and Retreat at French's Point in Stockton Springs.  You might want to check them all out online when you get a chance.  Keep us posted!
  • spud16spud16 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I have covered a couple of northern Maine venues in my blog. We looked to get married up there but the venues I liked best were too expensive. Hopefully you find something you like because it is such a pretty place!
    Check out my wedding blog for great New England venues! http://anewenglandwedding.blogspot.com/
  • Thanks all :)

We may very well end up utilizing the property of relatives up there, as we're only looking at 60-ish people or so.  Would require a bit more in decoration than what I was planning on, but would definitely save money in venue fees!
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to Re: Possible Venues in Union: Sounds great! If you need help decorating or day of coordinating, get in touch with Michelle Peaco at Enchanted Events of Maine. They do a fabulous job and are very easy to work with.  Good luck!

[QUOTE]Thanks all :) We may very well end up utilizing the property of relatives up there, as we're only looking at 60-ish people or so.  Would require a bit more in decoration than what I was planning on, but would definitely save money in venue fees!
    Posted by Rhaethe[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards