Maine
Options

stressful already

This is my 2nd wedding...  Been with James for almost 5 years now and our date is June 22, 2013.  We live near Bangor and want to get married in acadia National park ....  Thats our spot.. we spend so much time there... and we want it small...  few friends... and family.  And then our plan is to have a reception for everyone else.

We have a budge since we're paying for this ourselves....  I had my first melt down last night.  James helped me calm down but have no idea where to start on looking for caterers or where to have a reception.  UGH!

Rox
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: stressful already

• Options
    I'd start by sitting down with your fiancee and making a list of what's most important to each of you. Then, just start calling places that you lmow and really like in Bar Harbor. June is tourist season so start early.

Our wedding (my second) is also small, approx 50 guests. We decided to do our reception at our favorite resraurant vs a traditional setting. Dinner and drinks only to keep it affordable. We already know the food and service is excellent.

Enjoy planning your special day, don't get too stressed out. It should be fun! Good luck. 
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_stressful-already?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:3daf361b-3a25-456d-97a0-7c14126a1042Post:996e86ae-2c4d-4630-84fb-88bf8311b090">Re: stressful already</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd start by sitting down with your fiancee and making a list of what's most important to each of you. Then, just start calling places that you lmow and really like in Bar Harbor. June is tourist season so start early. Our wedding (my second) is also small, approx 50 guests. We decided to do our reception at our favorite resraurant vs a traditional setting. Dinner and drinks only to keep it affordable. We already know the food and service is excellent. Enjoy planning your special day, don't get too stressed out. It should be fun! Good luck. 
    Posted by pennylg[/QUOTE]

Thank You :)  We are going to get married inside Acadia.. Not sure where exactly so we just need to worry about finding a spot we both like... at least that'll save some money:)  Going to start calling some places tomorrow and see from there for receptions / food :)
  • Options
    HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Check with the Bar Harbor Regency.  I'm pretty sure they can work something out for you to fit your budget, plus they do a very nice job.  Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_stressful-already?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:3daf361b-3a25-456d-97a0-7c14126a1042Post:67e64fce-be9d-47da-bc23-499d6db6079b">Re: stressful already</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check with the Bar Harbor Regency.  I'm pretty sure they can work something out for you to fit your budget, plus they do a very nice job.  Good luck!
    Posted by HE&ME[/QUOTE]

I called some places in bangor today so that helped!  :)  Got alot done today actually:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards