Maine
Options

Budget-friendly venue for a beach wedding in Southern Maine

Hi knotties!

I am dreaming of a beach wedding followed by a simple and relaxed reception anywhere in Southern Maine. I have quotes from a few places, and just the venue (with NO catering) is not less than $4,000! We really don't have that much money and we expect no more than 75 guests. Please help!

Re: Budget-friendly venue for a beach wedding in Southern Maine

• Options
    Do you mean having the ceremony and reception at the same place? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ideally, yes. If not, then a place that is not too far away would be OK.
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I don't think you'll find anything in Portland that is on the water for that price.  You're pretty much paying for the location so it's going to be more expensive. 

Try Southern Maine Community College - http://www.smccme.edu/business-a-community/conferences-a-events/function-spaces.html Willard Beach is right there, but it's right on the water.

I'm only familiar with what's in Portland, so maybe someone else knows of someplace else in another town.  But based on the research I did when I was getting married, I quickly realized I couldn't afford a reception on the water side of Portland and my budget was about the same as yours.  I ended up getting married at Fort Williams/Portland Headlight and had my reception at Seasons Event and Conference Center.
  • Options
    I would also recommend Southern Maine Community College.  They have a beautiful beach front spot for the ceremony and the reception hall is a good size. I helped set up at a wedding there once and they rented tube and draping to cover up the soda machines, which the rental place set up. It looked great once the tables were set and there was enough room for dancing. Good luck.
  • Options
    I contacted SMCC when I was venue shopping and I found them to be very expensive, just a heads up. They cater through Black Tie Company, which while food is good, it's really not cheap.
  • Options
    Please check our website www.greatoutdoorsme.com. We may have exactly the venue and flexibility you are seeking. Best of luck! Mary
  • Options
    Wow. You posted this on a request for venues in northern and southern Maine.  Vendors are not welcome here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards