Maine
Options

Looking for a Venue in Harpswell

My fiance and I are looking for a venue in Harpswell, ME  for our ceremony and reception. We need something that will accommodate approximately 150 people. We're thinking of setting the date sometime next fall, so ideally our venue will have a large indoor space in case the weather is chilly. We're open to Brunswick and Bath venues as well. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Re: Looking for a Venue in Harpswell

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any venues in Harpswell big enough to host an indoor wedding for that many people. Most of the inns are on the smaller side. The Common Table Inn can host 150 people with an outdoor reception only.

In Bath, the Maine Maritime Museum is great and could maybe hold that many. Sebasco Harbor Resorts in Phippsburg is another great place. I don't know of any places in Brunswick that can hold that many people except maybe the KofC hall...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I will look into your suggestions. I did come across The Common Table in my search. Has anyone used them? Any feedback about their food, location, hospitality, etc. would be appreciated!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also recommend that you look into the Maine Maritime museum. Their indoor space is great. You can also utilize the outdoor lawn which overlooks the ocean, you can put up a tent and if my memory serves me right I think it can hold up to 1000 so you should be more than fine on space! They offer you a list of caterers and though I wasn't familiar with too many of them I am familiar with the Blue Elephant and I know they do wonderful work! I would check into them as well! 

Good Luck! Happy Planning :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you. I will check them out!
  • Options
    ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a hard time finding a venue in the midcoast area, we are having our ceremony at Fort Popham, but I had to go to Lewiston to find a venue big enough for 100 people at a reasonable price. Sebasco Estates requires an $8,000 catering minimum and you are also required to book at least 25 rooms. Maine Maritime costs a little over $2,000 and you need to supply your own linens, silverware, plates, glasses, etc. and use one of their approved caterers. The absolute deal breaker for me was they required a $1,000,000 insurance policy with themselves listed among the insured. Both are beautiful spaces if you can afford them, but way out of my budget. The Captain Daniel Stone Inn in Brunswick can service up to 100 and has a beautiful grand staircase, you might want to check them out, but it's not on the ocean. 
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also having a really hard time finding a venue here at a reasonable price! Where is your venue in Lewiston?
  • Options
    ariouxarioux member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my reception at the K of C Hall in Brunswick.  It is a simple location, but great.  My guests had a blast.  With the right people, dj and a few drinks any location is really perfect.  Remember once people start eating and dancing the location doesn't really matter as long as everyone is together and having some fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards