Maine

I just discovered the infinity dress...

and now I think I want them instead of ordering the Jim Hjelm ones I have picked out already.  What do you guys think of these dresses, if there are any pros and cons you could point out to me I would appreciate it, I need help thinking this one through.  I would be getting them from an etsy seller and they are $80.00. TIA!

Re: I just discovered the infinity dress...

• jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since you already like them, I'll play Devil's Advocate:

Cons: With the exception of one of those styles (I found the seller), they're all pretty low cut (front AND back), and will require a special bra (a good strapless one).  I don't know what your bridal party looks like, but I'm a DD, and there's no way I'd go braless.

That type of fabric is not universally flattering.  I know that (again, personally) I can't wear that kind of loosey-goosey jersey material without feeling extremely self conscience.  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    I was in love with this style when I first started looking at bridesmaid dresses, and I actually ended up buying one for myself (from Etsy seller isadoraclothing). Then I had a little try-on party with my bridesmaids. It was a lot less flattering than I thought it would be because the material is so clingy and none of them really felt comfortbale in it. I like it as a wear-to-work dress (with a sweater, because it tends to be a little revealing without), but not for my bridesmaids.

That's just my experience Smile

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your thoughts ladies, I really appreciate another point of view and experience, I will keep them in mind as I decide.
  • mikell22mikell22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would get the Jim Hjelm, because at least you knwo what you are getting:)  They are a very reputable company and make beautiful high quality dresses:)
  • edited December 2011
    I have decided to stick with the Jim hjelm.  Thanks for your advice ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking of using them for my bridesmaids also. I haven't had the opportunity to see them in person, but from the comments made, I don't think I'll use them for my wedding....
    Jumping The Broom
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards