Maine

20 day countdown....so stressed out!

I thought I would ask for some words of encouragement from all of you who understand how stressful planning a wedding can be! I moved from IL for a new job back to New England 3 months ago and the future hubby stayed behind to finish up work so I have missed him so much and have been doing a lot of the planning on my own. My mom has been so much help but the pressure, all that there is to get done etc. has come to its limit this weekend. When I think about everything that has to get done the day before the wedding for set up my head just starts spinning...sooo...what have you girls done to help get yourself through the planning stage and to the aisle???
I will say I am not one of those brides that needs everything to be perfect and day of the wedding what happens happens and I am okay with that...but planning is not somehting I have enjoyed and the stress is at its limits! Any words of encouragement or hearing that I am not the only bride that feels like her head is going to pop off would be appreciated!

Re: 20 day countdown....so stressed out!

• You'll be fine as long as you have your wedding license and your groom, everything else will just fall into place. If something doesn't work out perfectly, just take a deep breath and know that you will laugh about it someday.

We've got 7 weeks to go before the big day. I may sound a little weird but I made a binder to get organized (for contracts, etc), an excel spreadsheet to keep track of what needs to be paid for and rely on a calendar and checklists to make sure I get everything (or just about everything) done on time. If I miss something, I'm still getting married to the man of my dreams, that's all that matters. The same for you... smile and enjoy this time!
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • One thing that got me through the last few weeks before my wedding was to make check-lists.  I had one giant list of everything I had to get done.  It was overwhelming, but it felt so good to check things off at the end of the day.  Every morning, I would make myself a "This is what I need to get done today" list.  The smaller list was less intimidating and it helped me prioritize certain things and stay organized.

Don't be afraid to ask for help.  I had a HUGE problem with this up until a week before the wedding.  There were a few things I just wasn't going to be able to manage myself and I had to ask for help.  A good friend of mine decorated my ceremony space for me the morning of the wedding.  My mother finished my programs the night before.

I know it sounds like it might be impossible, but try to have everything done the day before your rehearsal.  The less you have to do that final day, other than setting up for the wedding, the better.

Don't forget to breathe.  Everything will all come together in the end.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • thanks for the advice girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards