Maine

Florists

ems27ems27 member
First Anniversary First Comment
Hi all!  So I am going to be meeting with a couple florists in September, and wanted to try to get an idea of what people were quoted.

I'm in the Portland area, and would looooove roses and calla lillies, but also wasn't sure if peonies would be a significant price difference for a June wedding?

What are you anticipating for bouquet costs, or what did you spend?
June 2013 August Sig Challenge
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florists

• I have bought flowers from Minots in downtown, and they were lovely. Arrangements from Compositions are wonderful as well.  Check them out and see what you think.

• ems27ems27 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_florists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:9919762b-0add-49a5-9fea-fbdd76991c1ePost:ac8f0583-16ca-41d0-878c-eb19d1357413">Re: Florists</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have bought flowers from Minots in downtown, and they were lovely. Arrangements from Compositions are wonderful as well.  Check them out and see what you think.
    Posted by TammieMarie[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, thank you- I've looked at a bunch of websites, was just trying to get an idea of what to expect for price :-)</div>
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    I have seen some incredibly real looking silk flowers in some of the nurseries and florist shops for sale.  In fact I've touched them to be sure they weren't real! I'm sure they would be able to add some of those in with your other flowers and no one would ever know the difference!
  • Harmons & Bartons in Westbrook were great for us to work with. I ordered ours for under $300 - two bouquets, 5 boutinieres and 3 corsages. I got all the flowers I wanted to include calla lilies, roses and orchids.
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • ems27ems27 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_florists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:9919762b-0add-49a5-9fea-fbdd76991c1ePost:db939aeb-42fa-4dca-a905-9cd3191a90a7">Re: Florists</a>:
    [QUOTE]Harmons & Bartons in Westbrook were great for us to work with. I ordered ours for under $300 - two bouquets, 5 boutinieres and 3 corsages. I got all the flowers I wanted to include calla lilies, roses and orchids.
    Posted by pennylg[/QUOTE]

Aweome, thanks!

HE&ME- our centerpieces and aisle decor are silk flowers, I'm looking for real flowers for bouquets, etc :-)
  • I worked with the Little River Flower Farm ( http://www.littleriverflowerfarm.com/) she was totally open to anything and her flowers are certified organic so you can put them on your cake, which I loved.  Pricing was totally reasonable.  $400 for 2 bouquets, 10 mason jars to be filled with flowers for the centerpieces, 6 vases and extra flowers for our cakes.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards