Maine

Woodland Country Club BAAAD, Sebasco GOOOOD

Hi all!!
   I'm new, but really wanted to share what happened to me last week when my fiance and I went looking for a reception venue.  I lined up 3 places to go see over the weekend of the 4th, (i'm from Maine, but live in CT) The Woodland Country Club in Falmouth, Sebasco Harbor Resort in Phippsburg, and Pineland Farms in New Glouster.  The first place we went was Woodlands, we were shown into a very lovely ballroom, and told that the event planner would be right out.  She came in, asked if I was me, and then stood there....not saying anything... in complete awkward silence...I then asked if she would like to tell us about the place, the gruff response I got was "Well I think the room speaks for itself, and all our information is online, what are your questions."  I was completely dumbfounded.  I was there to be told why I should want to have my wedding reception there, not to be treated as I walked in off the street and was wasting her time.  We asked questions, got very short answers, "Do you have children's meals?" "They are 10.95."  uh...ok.  We were in and out in 14 mins.  Very dissapointing.
    The next two were amazing! We went to Sebasco where Marianne took an hour and 1/2 to explain how I could not imagine having my wedding anywhere else, and how she did things at her wedding there 2 years ago.  It was amazing, and I might have just been sold when she excitedly told me about the old fashioned candlepin bowling alley where I could take pictures.  lol  The next was Pineland Farms where Carolyn wonderfully showed us around.  It was a very nice venue! Very pretty and warm, but didn't hit the note that Sebasco did.  But Carolyn was wonderful and sweet and couldn't have done a better job selling the place .
   So just wanted to share these experiences.  Its sad the woman was so cold and unwelcoming at Woodlands, casue we might have actually gone with it... But Sebasco is where we will be having the reception!!! I'm so excited.  But wanted to share in case anyone else was looking in the Brunswick-ish area.

Re: Woodland Country Club BAAAD, Sebasco GOOOOD

• brilibby4brilibby4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!  It is always helpful to hear reviews like this one, especially with local venues :)  Congrats on finding a reception venue that is right for you and FI!
  • edited December 2011
    I was so excited to read this! We are actually in the process of contracting with Sebasco! We also LOVED Marianne and I told Melissa how great she was via email the following day!! It is soooo beautiful there and exactly what we were looking for as well! 
    Good luck with everything! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Aww Congrats!!! We're going through the contracting stage right now.  Got my contract this morning! I'm excited to send it through! AHH! :)  Good luck w/ everything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards