Maine
Options

HELLLLP

Okay so here's the deal.  I've been dragging along both the Clarion Hotel in Portland and Black Tie Catering at Harbor View on Peaks Island for quite some time now.  And I NEED TO MAKE A DECISION!  But I don't know what to do! Any reviews from either?  Here are major differences:

Clarion
Champagne Toast
Free Room overnight for Josh & I
No hand passed hors d'oeuvres (well for an extra fee)
No idea where we'd have the ceremony
Hard to get ahold of

Jones Landing (Peaks)
Hand Passed Hors D'oeuvres
Ceremony location
Better View
More casual
They keep calling me to get ahold of me

Okay there are obviously other differences.. cost is similar.. but no one is really giving me much input and I'm the most indesive person in the world!!! Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated!

Re: HELLLLP

• Options
    krbailey12krbailey12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks like you already made the decision! :)  By the choices you gave, and the list you provided as to why, it looks like you should go with Jones Landing!
  • Options
    jdenormandiejdenormandie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally.  I would not feel good about any vendor that I could not contact easily. Its just extra stress...and believe me, youll have lots of other things to worry about so try to minimize the stress where you have control!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to Jones Landing, but I have been to the Clarion, and it's just your standard hotel (but I'm sure the banquet room is nice). It's easy to get to, which is a plus, since Peak's will mean people will have to take a ferry, including your vendors -- will that pose a problem for your guests or vendors? The Clarion would make it easy for OOT and other guests who won't have to worry about driving somewhere after drinking. Is that important to you?

I agree with jdenormandie -- our venue was really hard to get in touch with, and it never changed, and only got more stressful as we needed to finalize things. So if the Clarion is already nonresponsive, it'll only get harder as things get closer. I wouldn't pick the Clarion for a free overnight room, since their rates are pretty affordable anyways, and honestly you won't even spend much time there. And a champagne toast is also not that expensive and you don't even need one. Definitely two things that are worth losing to have a venue that's responsive, IMO.

Plus, with Jones you won't have to find a ceremony location! And Jones Landing would seem to be a more unique place to have a wedding than the standard hotel wedding, if that matters to you.

I went to a wedding on Peak's Island and it was beautiful, and fun to take the ferry too. I personally am a fan of the casual setting, so I would choose that over a hotel.

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kcole5244kcole5244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Peaks!! :]

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm 98% sure I'm going with Jones!! We're going out to see it all set up today.. I might even switch the date to next June instead of September which puts the wedding a lottttt closer!! But I'm pumped, and I don't think the ferry will be a problem for anyone.. and I'm thinking I'll get a block of rooms at a hotel with a shuttle that can go back & forth between the ferry? I'm hoping this all works out perfectly because I'm wayyy to excited about it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Let us know what you finally decide!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards