Maine
Options

North Dam Mill, Biddeford

I have searched the internet high and low for "different" affordable venues in Southern Maine. The North Dam in Biddeford (fairly new) seems like it could be the one. Has anyone heard ANYTHING about this place? There is very little about it that I can find, but I have heard one good review thru a friend of a friend. We are checking it out next week but just looking for any input.
Thanks! Smile

Re: North Dam Mill, Biddeford

• Options
    Hey!

We are actually also considering the North Dam MIll. We've had very little luck finding a venue that is actually affordable for us! My fiance and I actually lived in the apartments there while we were students at UNE, so it has some sentimental value for us. It's definitely a different type of venue - very rustic and antique feeling. The event space was actually kind of a surprise when we went to visit - first you're walking down this long hallway with not much decoration or excitement, and you turn the corner into this big room with while lights and hardwook floors. Very nice! The even coordinator, I believe Shane is his name, was really helpful and gave us a lot of good info. There is seating for up to 250 people, I believe and the tables, chairs, and linens are included in the price of booking the location. There's a prep room to the side where you can hire an outside caterer, use Vassie, from the Union House restaurant downstairs, or bring in your own food. The white lights stay up and I guess they recently accquired chandaliers that they will also have up in the room, but decorating is completely up to you and whatever you want to do. It's a really unique venue, but I think that's what makes it so great. 

Hope that helps! Congratulations and good luck with your search! Also, if you find any other venues in this area that might be comparable price-wise, please share!

Rachel
  • Options
    Thank you so much!! I just got 10 times more excited about the venue! And how perfect for you that you once lived there!! I love the idea of an old mill since I'm from a mill town and I also lived in Biddeford for several years. There is another gorgeous looking mill venue in Dover, NH called Rivermill. It's definitely out of our price range but it looks like the North Dam Mill could be comparable to looks wise. Like the barn weddings, I have a feeling this trend will pick right up.Smile
    Hopefully I will have good news to report back Friday!!
  • Options
    Good luck on Friday!! Let me know what you think since I haven't been there to see the venue since they put the chandeliers in an I'd love to know how it looks. We're definitely trying to find a place in this range of pricing, since we're trying to stay as budget-friendly as possible. I love the idea of the old mill! My only hesitation is because I really want the ocean to be involved in the ceremony somehow (since that's like my favorite place in the world) and I know my fiance really wants an outdoor ceremony as well (pending rain!). It's challenging to find somehting like that in the Biddeford area since all the beaches are public, and most venues on the water are really pricey. We're still looking, but the mill is defnitely on our radar! 

Good luck Friday! I'll look forward to hearing your opinion!

• Options
    I just went to an August wedding there. It was beautiful, and the bride said the guy was really easy to work with. I will warn you that if you're getting married in the summer, there was no air conditioning, and guests were sweating profusely.
  • Options
    I heard the same thing, but the bride seemed to think that they had a/c now (guess I will find out soon enough). I think we are avoiding summer, so it hopefully wouldn't be an issue but you never know with the weather these days. Thanks for the input :)
  • Options
    Allrighty....checked the place out tonight. We loved it and are definitely going to book it!! Only concern we thought of regarded the parking situation. It didn't seem like there would be enough spaces. Also, definitely no a/c...but that should be ok since we are thinking fall. Seems like a very flexible space, we can turn it into whatever we want. Very excited about it!
  • Options
    I believe that they hire a parking attendant for the day of the event! They didn't tell me this the day we went to view it, but they told a firiend of mine when she was looking into the details for me after we had moved away from the area (I started graduate school!). I know the parking situation is tight, but they make it work. When we lived there a few years ago, they always had a parking guy for events and they somehow make all the cars fit!

What did you think about the chandaliers? Nice?
  • Options
    The chandeliers are definitely a nice touch!! Its looking like Oct 19t of next year is the day. Woot...just need to figure out the catering situation and the ceremony location as far as BIG things go.
  • Options
    I JUST found this place online and it looks really cute.  This post is a little old so I don't know if anyone will respond.  How is the pricing here?  What did it all include?  Thanks!
  • Options
    Curious about the pricing as well and how everyone enjoyed the venue. Thank you.
  • Options
    I am interested in this venue too! Except I'm having the same problem, no replies on Facebook, no answer to phone and mailbox is full, no email address? Website is down also. Is this place still in business? looking at their Facebook page, there hasn't been any recent activity since 2012. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards