Maine
Options

Married 09/25/10 - Vendor Reviews!!!

I'm a married lady! Our wedding was beautiful and with only a few minor glitches it was pretty perfect. Here are the vendor reviews...some from southern Maine but mostly our vendors were from the central Maine area. 

Madeleine's Daughter, B-:  Madeleine's Daughter in Portsmouth, NH was great when it came to trying on dresses and choosing the one for me. However, after I bought my dress and they got their sale, my service went right down hill. They did not seem interested in helping me find a veil or shoes and I also got my alterations done there and had a terrible experience. The woman did not finish my dress for my last appointment that we told them we would be taking the dress with us after and then had to rush to finish and messed it all up. I ended up having to take my dress with me (since we live 2 hours from Portsmouth and couldn't go back again) and brought it to my local seamstress who saved the day! All in all, its a great place to buy your dress but don't expect much once you've shown them the money! I bought my veil at Andrea's Bridal in Portland, ME and wished I would have bought my dress there. They were awesome to work with!

Eric's Restaurant, A+: Eric's Restaurant in Waterville did our catering and our bar service and they were extraordinary to say the least. The food was amazing and the service exceptional. They are also very reasonably priced! The only minor snag we had with them is that they didn't bring enough beer of choice and non of my drink of choice so that was a downer but we made it through the night :-) One great thing about them is they came out early in the morning on Saturday and put all the linens on the tables along with our centerpieces, spaced our chairs appropriately at each table and lit all our candles just before dinner. This isn't something that all caterers would do.

Clare Norton Photography, A++: Clare is located in Westbrook, ME and she is AMAZING! She did two other weddings I went to before I booked her for mine and let me tell you, you cannot go wrong with Clare. She has 1 flat fee for the whole day and that includes a CD with all of your pictures on it in the end. I've only seen one picture that she took so far but it was amazing. Many of our guests told us that every time they turned around the photographer was right there taking pictures, upon pictures. We can't wait to see the rest of the pictures that Clare took!

Sidekick DJ's, A++: Logan Feeney is the owner or Sidekick DJ's out of Brunswick, ME and we cannot say enough good things about him. We are still hearing things from out guests about how great our DJ was. He kept people on the dance floor all night long and there was never a dull moment. From the introductions to the cake cutting and garter removal and toss Logan was perfect. I would recommend Logan to anyone in the Central to Southern Maine area.

Classic Tuxedo, C: Classic Tuxedo in Waterville was not very good. I had heard so many good things about them but I guess everyone else got the good stuff cause our experience was terrible. We had 10 tuxes (7 groomsmen, groom, Father of the bride, and ring bearer) and out of 10 only 3 of them were right the first time around. Luckily we went in on Thursday to pick up the tuxes because there were 2 jackets that were too small, 1 groomsmen's shoes were the complete wrong size, the ring bearers shirt was way too big, and someone's pants were too small. They re-ordered what was supposed to be the correct sizes and on Saturday when they groomsmen went to put on their tuxes, one of them was missing their shoes completely, one was missing their tie completely and one still had the wrong size shoes. It was a mess to say the least. Now all my pictures have one of the groomsmen with a different colored tie on. Anyways, I would NOT recomment Classic Tuxedo to anyone! 

KMD Florist, A: KMD Florist did my bridal bouquet, bridesmaid's bouquets and boutineirs and they were absolutely beautiful. I couldn't have asked for more. They did forget my toss bouquet but we made it work.

Sam's Club, A+: We got all of our flowers for the ceremony and reception through Sam's Club online. I ordered 100 fuscia gerbera daisy's, 20 stems of white hydrangea and 90 white roses and they were beautiful. I got it all for around $250 and had I gone thorugh my florist it would have been well over $500. You can choose when you want them delivered and I had mine delivered on the Thursday before the wedding and that was perfect timing. Most of them are actually still in the mason jars that they were in for centerpieces all around our house still alive. I would recommend Sam's Club flowers for anyone that is doing their own centerpieces and decorations.

The Bankery, A++: The Bankery is in Skowhegan, ME and they made our cake. It was amazing to say the least. We had guests asking all night long who made our cake because it was so beautiful. I would recommend the Bankery to anyone.

Are You Ready to Party, A: We got our tent, chairs, and tables from Are You Ready to Party in Waterville and they were great to work with. Everything was delivered on time and just how we ordered it. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a tent or table rentals.

David's Bridal, A: The Bridesmaid's dresses came from David's and it was a great experience. They were very helpful and the dresses are beautiful. I know some people have had problems with David's but our experience was great.

Bar Harbor Inn, A+: We honeymooned at the Bar Harbor Inn and it was amazing. We had massages at the spa, ate and danced to the piano and I would recommend the Bar Harbor Inn to anyone. It is located right downtown in the heart of Bar Harbor so it is just a short walk to most restaurants and shops. It was wonderful!

Re: Married 09/25/10 - Vendor Reviews!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! So glad it went well, despite the minor glitches. That is so annoying about your dress and the tuxes. We had trouble with Men's Wearhouse too. I'm glad everything went so well for you.

How'd the mason jars work out for you? I'm happy to think about them having another life at a wedding -- and with pink daisies from Sam's, no less!

I saw the picture Clare posted on her Facebook page and it is simply gorgeous! You'll have to share more with us because we love to see them. Okay, well, I do! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The mason jars were perfect! Everyone loved the centerpieces...I'm missing a few of them now so I think some people liked them A LOT! haha

Yes, Clare's picture is amazing! We had such a beautiful day and the leaves had started to change so I knew that look out what where I wanted our formals :-) I will definitely share more!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, the jars were a big hit at ours too, and I did end up missing a few... for some reason, MIL wanted to take like EVERYTHING we had for decorations and was asking my mom if she could take the paper lanterns, jars, etc. Thankfully my mom was like, "I think she's going to sell that stuff." Ah, mothers-in-law...

I was so bummed we didn't have sunny weather on our wedding day. Our photos are beautiful but a nice blue sky would have been prettier...oh well! Can't wait to see more of your pics!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jenfah12jenfah12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does your d.j. have a website?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards