Maine
Options

Hair & Make-up in Portland

Recomendations Please. I have reached out to a few different people regarding make-up and the prices seam rediculous, the cheapest is $65-75 for bridesmaid and $150 for bride. Thanks!

Re: Hair & Make-up in Portland

• Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are the prices you mention JUST for makeup?  Or both hair and makeup?  Because that was near the amount that most paid for both ($45 per hour for hair - $25 for makeup).  I was okay with the results, but the payment process was a nightmare!  I can share more info over PM if you want.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jmconley08jmconley08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hair and makeup will be $200-$250 and the girls hair will be $62. I am going to bei capelli and I know they'll do a great job so it's worth it to me.
  • Options
    Realo13Realo13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Thats the make-up only, seams high to me for make-up.
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is disgusting for just makeup.  If you're just looking for makeup, the place I went to charged $25 per person.  The girl who did it was the daughter-in-law of the salon owner and she was fantastic.  It was the salon owner who is stuck in the stone ages that I had issues with.

The biggest thing that frustrated me about wedding pricing was that places charge so much more when you put "wedding" or "bridal" on the front of it.  A style for for a prom is 50-100 less than the style for a wedding. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The girl who did my hair and makeup charges $50-65 for bridal, not sure about bridesmaids. PM me if you want her contact info. Depending on where you're getting married, she'll come to you
  • Options
    annie12073annie12073 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You definitely get what you pay for in this area! I had a terrible experience with a makeup trial at a salon and ended up with Brianna Rothman, who is a professional makeup artist. Her website is www.briannarothmanmakeup.com and she did a great job!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards