Maine

My wedding is over a year away and I'm already stressing out about rain!

I've seen a lot of outdoor ceremony pics on this site where the people getting married didn't use a tent... I would love to do that to save on the cost, but how can I not be preared for rain?? I think the indoor area is just to small to have the ceremony. There's no where to walk down an "aisle" of any sort.

I think i will be stuck having a tent on reserve just in case, but it really stinks to use my money on something like that Undecided

Is anyone putting a deposit down on a tent, but only using it if it rains?

Re: My wedding is over a year away and I'm already stressing out about rain!

• edited December 2011
    We have an indoor backup location for the ceremony. I don't think I've ever seen an outdoor tented ceremony, to be honest. But unless you want everyone to have to stand outside in the rain, you should definitely have a plan B, whether it be an indoor location or tent.

I do have a friend getting married who is having her ceremony outside no matter what, and she bought a ton of big umbrellas for guests to use should it rain. The ceremony will also be short. So, I guess you could decide if you want to spend money on a bunch of umbrellas or a backup location/tent!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    As I'm sure you know there isn't much you can do about the weather. It POURED on our wedding day, thankfully everything was indoors and we got some great pictures w/ umbrellas and it didn't ruin anything. But I think it's really important to have a back up plan. Your guests will thank you for it, and if you don't have any shelter for them, they'll most likely leave, and leaving you with an empty reception. Also a lot of DJ's/Bands require cover as they don't want to be stuck in the rain w/ their equipment.
    image The way life should be-
  • mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends had to have a tent as back up, ended up raining & we set everything up inside & left a panel out so directly behind them was still pretty even though it rained.

Better safe than sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We have an indoor backup location.  You want to make sure to have some sort of back up but if you don't really want to do a tent than you should look into other ideas. 
  • dmartineau1dmartineau1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was hoping some people here might have some other ideas ;-)
    i definitly know i need to have a backup.
    Mainemommy- do you know if your friend just put the deposit on the tent and planned to only pay the full amount if the tent was used? Because i was thinking if we put the deposit down and the weather report continually said no rain, we could just cancel the tent...?
  • jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would work an agreement where you will only be out the deposit money and not the full fee.  Remember that the rental agency is a business, and they need to make money, so I doubt they'd give you everything back, even if you cancel the order.  

I might be misunderstanding, but your ceremony is to be outside and the reception indoors?  Because if both your ceremony and your reception are to be outdoors, you need to get the tent. 

My $0.02.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am in the same boat --i would love to get married on the beach but the rain scares me!! ---im still considering everything but i love this idea

http://www.leavittandparris.com/tentStylesClearTop.html

(of course the one in the pic is huge! for a ceremony it would be much smaller)
  • edited December 2011

If you're planning an informal wedding I've seen some cute pictures where the bridal party had matching rainboots and umbrellas. It's not traditional but would be fun and you can get umbrellas and rainboots pretty cheap.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards